The Daydreamer - Chp 29 [Our Song]

~Our song is a slamming screen door/Sneaking out late/Tapping on your window/When we're on the phone/And you talk real slow/'Cause it's late/And your mama don't know/Our song is the way you laugh/The first date/Man, I didn't kiss her and I should have/And when I got home/Before I said amen/Asking God if He could play it again~

"God I've missed you!" Mel cried hugging me as soon as the door flew opened, her weight almost barreling me over. Both boys anxious over their own mates reached out stabling us both. Mel pulled back to look at me, the both of us trying to hold back laughter at these two until her face wavered, crumbled and collapsed as she threw her arms around me crying madly. "I hate these stupid fucking hormones!" she cried in my shoulder as I laughed slightly patting her and running my hands through her hair.

"Mel, language in front of the kid." Kane warned, to my surprise seriously.

Mel growled "And him." I giggled and I could feel her smile against my neck. "Overprotective goof." She mumbled.

I glanced over her shoulder at Kane his ears picking up on it as he opened his arms out for her his eyes lingering on Mel sweetly "Come on sweetie." He said gently.

"No! Not until you promise me you won't call our kid Ash Ketchum!" she cried into my neck.

His eyes bugged "But Ash Ketchum is awesome! You know Pokémon."

I choked on a laugh and his eyes narrowed at me, I stuck my tongue out at him childishly in response.

"Okay, fine. No Ash Ketchum." He huffed reluctantly folding his arms with a pout. What a two year old was all I could think in amusement. 

"And no Richard, Jelly bean or Mufasa."

Jace laughed at that and Kane's eyes grew "Like it?" he said smiling proudly as if he had just saved the world from hunger.

Jace laughed again "Awesome."

I looked over at him bewildered as he met my eyes "No, forget it." I said to him and then turning to Kane I pointed my eyes narrowed "You shut it, no more feeding ideas."

He shrugged smugly "How about Nighthawk? You know from 'Step Brothers'."  He suggested as Mel made a sound between a groan and growl.

"How about wags, spot, spike whatever you want dog breath." I shot back.

Mel's laugh filled the silence as Kane looked at me with bug eyes of shock "See this is why I love you!" Mel cried her tears now laughter as she hugged me like a second skin. "Sucked in." she said sticking her tongue out at Kane. He rolled his eyes amused at Mel; she rolled them back and then looked up at me. "See that's why I've missed you, where you been?" she asked her eyes tentative and wary, telling me that if I said a happy holiday she'd scream 'bullshit' at the top her lungs. She knew something was up, or still is.

"Uh." I said trying to think of an answer when all I could think was shit, shit, shit, shit!

"Hey guys wh- wow...mood swings Mel?" Rick asked rocking up at the door with Gemma.

Great, more of an audience.

Mel kept her gaze on me expectantly. Jace stepped closer ready to do what was needed and I spoke, sick of being babied.

"Uh, my grandmother was in a coma so I went to Canberra." I explained.

Mel was in tears again.

"Hey, no, shhh, it's okay. Seriously, she's awake and actually staying with Jace's parents with my Aunt." I soothed hastily laughing startled.