The Daydreamer - Chp 25 [Mary's Song (Oh My My My)]

~Oh, my my my~

"Where are we going?" I grizzled as Jace led me down the hall when all I wanted was to curl up on the lounge beside him and just relax. Instead he continued to tug on my hand excitedly like a kid on sugar as I stumbled reluctantly behind. He had the Ute's door opened in a flash and sighing dramatically I got in.

He was driving, his excitement bubbling as I watched him amused. Too amused to note that Jace was talking until he clicked his fingers in my face. "What?" I asked blinking a couple times as I blushed slightly as he'd caught me staring again.

"You wanted to know what was down the right fork? You got it." He declared smiling as he turned down it.

This road also had a cute bridge as we went over the creek the 'thud', 'thud', 'thud' of each board we went over making me smile and sit up eagerly, my mood a complete 180 from before. The road wasn't as free and wide open as the other trees followed the road either side hanging low as the sinking sun slithered streaks through. I knew my mouth was agape and I looked like a kid in Santa's factory but I didn't care, instead I jumped with anticipation as I held my breath.

Finally we pulled through the embrace of the trees to enter another reasonably small valley of lush green. Jace parked and there before me was a beautiful cottage. Without waiting for Jace I threw the door opened and barrelled out walking towards it slowly. It was a little cottage. A cottage of dark brick surrounded by a high green hedge fence with a little black iron gate.

"Wow, who's house is this?" I murmured softly my eyes unmoving as if I was in a trance, my voice so low I didn't think Jace would hear as he walked slowly behind watching my every move.

He heard, "Ours." He said smiling.

I snorted laughing "Ha ha ha. No, but seriously. Who owns this?" I asked sitting my hand on the gate not knowing if the owners would be okay by me walking in unannounced. 

I stopped, peeping in over the gate. A little stone path lead to the big deep wooden front door with bug glass planes in it. The garden surrounding the path and the front of the house was elegant and magical with lush greens and colourful flowers and plants. Solar fairy lights scattered amongst the garden, path and hedges making it seem magical and ever so romantic.

I envied the people that lived here.

Jace walked up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me back into his chest. I sighed straining to see more into the garden at least as he rested his chin on my shoulder. "Do you like it?" he asked softly. I rolled my eyes at such a stupid question, obviously.

He watched me as I stood on my toes to see where the trickling of water was coming from. He chuckled kissing my neck making m forget the house. "Welcome home baby."

I frowned for a moment and then slowly moved around in his arms to face him. "What?" I asked so small my breath held. No it couldn't be.

His eyes danced beautifully. "This is home, our home."

I stood rooted to the ground for countless moments, the cogs of my brain grinding to work. Than my eyes grew and I leapt into his arms kissing him with everything I had. He instantly reacted, wounding his arms around me and hoisting me up tighter my legs wounding around his torso. I could him as he fumbled with the latch on the gate and gasping I tore my lips apart reaching for the latch and swinging the gate open with a welcoming creak.

Jace's slightly caught breath tickled my ear as he watched me, slowly walking up the path as frantically my eyes swept the garden unable to see all as we, or Jace, halted by the door bringing me to the house itself. I looked at the door already in the lock was and old looking key with a red ribbon attached to it. I watched it warily as if this would all vanish. A house! I would kill Jace if this was a prank.