The Daydreamer - Chp 28 [Innocent]

~It's alright, just wait and see/Your string of lights is still bright to me/Oh, who your are is not where you've been/You're still an innocent~

"I suppose it's a good thing he's following us, so he has to go our speed." I said thoughtfully looking in the mirror as he drove behind, at least this way he wouldn't be putting himself or others in danger by speeding.

I could practically feel how desperate and concerned he was, the fear behind. Yet as I was discovering with mates his emotions were tossed aside and all focus was on hers. 

Jace nodded checking the revision mirrors also, his face a mixture of emotions.

"How did you know Kurt was a teacher anyways?" I asked his muddled emotions and expression putting me at unease.

He shrugged "I asked Tam and Carm who were teachers, Kurt's a primary teacher."

I smiled "That's so cute." Jace looked at me his lips twitching in amusement as I wondered why Kurt became a teacher, especially a primary teacher. The thought of Kurt teaching bought a smile to my face.

"Em?" Jace asked his tone changing as I blinked questionably up at him. "What made you leave out the fact that you're Lilly's niece?" he asked speaking of how I spoke over him.

I blushed at that rude gesture "Sorry, I just didn't want to tell him Lilly's story and I wanted him to feel no pressure to have to come, I was leaving it up to his choice."

Jace chuckled softly. "Baby." He said sighing as if I was adorable. "Kurt would have gone even if he knew he was only to be stabbed by your Aunt and told repeatedly that she hated him." He explained soothingly as my eyes grew with the brutality of the thought. "We do anything our mates want, or anything to help. We can't not go to them."

My mouth made an 'o' shape as Jace shed some more light on how bound he truly was.  "Being bonded must suck at times." I said thinking of those who don't get their fairytales.

Jace's eyes grew with bewilderment at such a statement "Hell no! Not if you get a sexy little thing like yourself." He said smiling as he watched me squirm in my seat.  He chuckled more as a blush crept up across my face "You'd make an amazing Luna, the way you took control and how you were so strong..." he trailed off in thought going back to the moments "You have no idea how much of a turn on that's." he said biting back a groan.

I bit my bottom lip. "I thought you didn't want to be Alpha." I noted.

He looked over at me "I can do it just to see that." He said meaning my so called control and strength.

I nodded my lips twitching "Good, cause you do not know how sexy that is." I said trailing my hands up the side of his arms slowly making him shiver. Honestly? The thought of Jace as Alpha all strong and powerful, it was hot and it turned me on. It was kind of saddening as it made me look like some sort of power hungry person. But him as an Alpha made him more of a god.

He purred in the back of his throat and I giggled pressing my lips to the side of his neck. "More reason to become Alpha." He murmured making me laugh.

Later on we drove by the spot where Jace had combusted with rage and we both said nothing, I realized the slight tension was from that moment and I realized also that it was a moment that would never be spoken of. As silence kept the air frigid we both thought of that moment but we never spoke of it.

I felt like I'd break and smother under the tension, so I broke it. "What are we going to do about tea?" I asked softly.

"I've got an idea; we'll have to stop in town."