The Daydreamer - Chp 36

"And, and, and I need...I need." I said turning sharply on the spot countless times, my brain too fast to be able to even stop and breathe, to gather myself all up.

"Whoa, whoa there speedy."  Jace soothed grabbing my shoulders and turning me to him. He crouched so his eyes were level with mine.

I wasn't sure if it was his eyes, his smell, his touch or even his words but instantly I stopped, everything stopped as I sighed now the complete opposite to frazzled, rather drugged and stoned. I giggled as I pictured myself swaying with sleepy eyes and saying such words as 'mellow', 'dude' and 'totally'. Jace leant back studying my mental actions never nerving him but instead always amusing him. In return I questioned his mental conditions.

I giggled again at that thought. Eventually I sighed deeply "I'm delirious." I muttered more to myself, and Jace chuckled kissing the corner of my lips.

I let myself literally fall forward into his unprepared body giving all my weight for him to uphold. He chuckled weakly with a surprised 'off' sound as he stabled the both of us. "Sorry." I murmured not feeling as guilty as I should in his arms.

He bought me closer as the door knocked and I groaned burying my face into Jace's chest. "Come on, you'll enjoy this. I promise." He said softly with encouragement. I nodded half heartedly as he pulled back to look at me.

I pouted "I know, but can't you come?" I grizzled. I never picture myself as a person to not want to go wedding dress shopping. But after waking up in Jace's arms and talking and realizing just how much we needed to do I couldn't drag myself to face it. I'd prefer Jace to be there so I could just nestle into his arms when all got stressful and tough.

Jace chuckled "I think that would ruin the surprise baby."

I pouted with a huff "Pl-l-l-ease?" I begged of him tugging on his arm. He sighed torn before shaking his head. I wanted to stamp my foot but instead pulled myself together trying not to embarrass myself further. "I thought you had to please me." I said pointedly.

He smiled slightly as if my stubbornness was adorable or at least entertaining. "I am." He said. "I know in the long run it will please you more if we stick to tradition." He added as my eyes narrowed.

Huffing I fell to the floor looking up at him, the little voice right in the back of my head saying; he's right. The voice taunting and disgusted by my child like behavior. I folded my arms creating a soundproof room for little-miss-smart-ass-voice. Too long of a name I mused to myself thoughtfully in contemplation.

"Em?" Jace said pulling me above again.

"Huh?" I asked dazed.

"I said; do I need to drag you there?"

My eyes narrowed again as I tensed, wishing I had super glued myself to the carpet. Immature I know. "You. Wouldn't." I practically dared through gritted teeth.

He chuckled "Oh, what little faith." He said dramatically with discourage as he walked towards me.

And before I could even scamper away he bundled me up throwing me over his shoulder as I protested, pounding pathetically on his back cursing him. Jace opened the door, whoever at the door having a clear view of my backside.

"Oh Jace likes dirty talk too?" it was Mel. She was referring to the names I was calling Jace with.

I mumbled something under my breath. "What's that?" Jace asked even his increased sense failing.

"Nothing." I said quickly my voice sickly sweet, fake. He rolled his eyes amused, sitting me down on my feet.

"Come on the quicker the less to do." Mel stated logically as she gestured to her car. She turned to Jace "Kane is coming over later with little Cooper." Cooper was coming over when I won't be here? No fair! Just another reason for me to stay here! Jace nodded smiling happily. What a jerk. "Come on, all of them will be waiting." Mel tugged on my wrist.