The Daydreamer - Chp 39 [Safe & Sound]

~Just close your eyes/The sun is going down/You'll be alright/No one can hurt you now/Come morning light/You and I'll be safe and sound~

It was as I came back from the toilet late the next morning that I stopped to lean against the door frame to watch her. She was still sleep in the middle of the bed, the sheets only covering bits and pieces of that glorious body of hers, her lips slightly opened in a small 'o', her lips plumper and deeper in shading due to me, and her hair sprayed over her shoulder and cheek spraying as gentle as a cloud.

I didn't expect her to be awake by now or any time soon. Not only because she had rocked up home at three thirty in the morning drunk but because not until seven this morning did I finally let her fall to sleep, although I don't think she was that eager for sleep as I'd suggested.

A mixture of a small gentle smile and a shudder ran across my body as I thought about last night. I stuck to my vow of showing no surrender or wearing down by our vigorous love making last night, yet neither was she, by seven this morning I myself thought I was intoxicated.

Making love with Emmy anytime was absolutely beyond words and description, yet last night with a drunken Em who I must add was quite the teasing vixen and my tormented and possessive lust it created a rather different and spicy night which was difficult to stop. Yet by seven this morning I knew the safest thing for Em's head when she wakes up would be o stop before she wouldn't be able to sleep at all with a headache of a hangover.

I wasn't saying last night was better; I personally enjoyed and preferred our love when it was tender and a blissful sweetness. Yet last night was different, there were no walls of insecurities, lack of confidence and esteem, there was nothing in the way, just love.

Maybe it was the alcohol, the distance that has been between us and how much each of us were longing for one another with wedding plans always around or maybe it was us finally relaxed and careless of outside these four walls and how relaxed and free we felt.

I know that ever since Em had come back from Canberra's hospital she had become more...relaxed ad happier, he was still the beautiful girl I fell in love with and sure we've had a few hiccups but we're both relaxed, even I have become more...alive.

The more I pondered the more I realized exactly what it was. The alcohol had made Em forget all those thoughts of future possibilities; her fears. Such as worries if it may be the last time we'd make love, how long she had until danger came, how long she had me. The alcohol pushed it all away and since she was distracted she was distracting me wither her daring confidence so that all my fears that I subconsciously though of were absent.

I realized it didn't make it any better but it made me realized that even in the back of our minds there is fear; Angus was still there controlling our lives and emotions. For it to ever cease for the future, our future, he needed no future.

Glancing at the clock it read eleven thirty s several minutes later when Em stirred I wasn't expecting it. Her eyes fluttered open like the fluttering of butterflies' wings, every time I watched I was torn between the beauty of her and the torment of having to wait to meet her gaze. Yet as always I caught my breath as I caught her beautiful brown eyes.

"Morning sleeping beauty." I said softly as I crossed the room towards her and the bed. I crawled on lying down besides her giving her a good morning kiss.

"Morning Prince Charming." She whispered against my lips groggily as I pulled back. I smiled faintly at that.

Em clenched her eyes shut tight ad groaned. I sat up gently and reached over to the bedside table and picked up the glass of water and aspirin. The sound of it made Em look up with opened eyes. "Here." I whispered gently.