The Daydreamer - Chp 20 [The Way I Loved You]

~But I miss screaming and fighting and kissing in the rain/And it's 2am and I'm cursing your name/You're so in love that you act insane/And that's the way I loved you/Breaking' down and coming undone it's a roller coaster kinda rush/And I never knew I could feel that much/And that's the way I loved you~ 

Seeing her face of delight I knew if I told her the truth I'd be confirming my fears and my true colours would show meaning I'd crack. So I lied.

"Jace." I finally managed; she nodded slightly eagerly telling me to continue. Being the over protective person she was she'd probably say no and I wouldn't have to tell her the truth anyways. "You've been out for six days." I explained.

"Em." She said sternly wanting more and not what I have told her so far. She wanted details, was my Mamma sort of like a gossip? No, she was just eager to know how her granddaughter was wearing a wedding ring.

"Well" I began "I've been...engaged" I forced out the pain excruciating "before you were attacked." I said growing sheepish.

She grew confused as she frowned her age showing than, I wondered if she even remembered Jace or the attack, had she lost her memory?! "When?" she asked slightly peeved and that was when I realised it was because she was only finding out now, like this.

"They day I went to Jace's." I said feeling no need to tell her about my first runner and what went down at the hotel, the thought made my body ache, I'd never experience that ever again.

"Tell me about him." She asked her voice losing all anger.

I grew weary had she forgotten him? Had she actually lost her memory? "Mamma you've met him before." I said tentatively.

She chuckled hoarsely her throat obviously dry and I reached for a glass of water and she shook her head wanting answers now.  "I know but tell me about him, about the two of you."

I nodded slowly as I reflected on Jace and me, my face instantly lighting up as I smiled just at the thought or the word Jace. Well at least I could remember my past instead of daydreaming I bargained. "Well... I don't know what to say." I laughed feeling slightly awkward of saying these personal things in front of Mamma.

"Tell me how he makes you feel." She offered.

"Like I am the most important and beautifulest person alive." I said smiling wide unable to hide it. Smiling felt highly strange and uncommon to me. "He just...It's so hard to word Mamma but he makes me smile and laugh and believe. I feel so warm and whole around him, he makes me me you know? He makes everything possible and brighter and I feel I dunno alive." I said babbling trying to find those impossible words that described Jace, us, my past. I felt suddenly warm as I thought of all the things Jace made me, Mamma's smile grew more and more. "I just love him so much, with all that I am." I said smiling feeling giddy.

"Hey Emmy baby." He suddenly murmured embracing me from behind, his breath tickling my ears and warming me to the core.

"Were you-...Did yo-...What di-...?" I stumbled.

"I love you too." He answered kissing my neck as he buried his head in my neck inhaling my scent deeply making me shiver.

What was going on?

Instantly I felt the chains blocking our link shatter and break as I was filled entirely with relief and love so strong I felt giddy as I finally relaxed, my body feeling light and cleansed as I melted against him filled with content, tears of relief, love and happiness.

I caught Mamma's gaze "You found your Papa." She congratulated proudly with acceptance.

I beamed "I found my Jace."

________________________
Click the external link for my Facebook page
So you guys know my drill; vote, comment and maybe give me a fan, yeah? Do it, I dare you ;) Xx
-------------------------------------
All Rights Reserved
Copyrighted Material ©
-------------------------------------