The Daydreamer - Chp 6 [Today Was A Fairytale]

~Time slows down whenever you're around/But can you feel this magic in the air?/It must have been the way you kissed me/Fell in love when i saw you standing there/It must have been the way/Today was a fairytale~

I was reminding myself for the hundredth time that it wasn't a date. I didn't want to get my hopes up because I knew I'd crash and burn.  

Standing by the mirror in my new dress that fit me like a glove, if I don't mind saying so myself, I realized I had no idea of Jace's plan for today. Was a dress suitable?  

I shrugged smiling in the mirror. Smiling! I've never smiled so much in my life, like a constant feel of jitters and the need to cry out and sing. Is this what it felt like to be happy?  

Leaving my hair out in its curls I added some chunky black and silver bracelets, coated my eyelashes and gave my lips some shine. A dress I hoped would be suitable I thought as I slipped on my black flats and clutch.  

Childishly I spun in the hall "Bye Mamma." I said giving her a kiss on the cheek on my way out she chuckled knowingly as I skipped to the front door.  

Jace and I hadn't exchanged numbers so I was unsure of what time pick up time was. He was out the front by ten.  

Smiling I opened it taking on an all new confidence and shine. I avoided Jace's gaze though I could feel his gaze all over me making me blush. Good, because after all he was the only one I was trying to impress.  

Glancing up I saw him leaning against the Ute in jeans and a snug shirt and a denim jacket the sun spilling through the leaves making it dance across him. I sighed; he was heavenly, a god.  

"So" I said breaking the silence as I stood before him on the path "What we doing? Tenpin bowling?" I asked smiling goofily thrilled at the idea.  

He smiled softly "Not in that breath taking thing." He murmured his eyes soaking me up like water in a desert.  

Blushing I ignored it folding my arms "I can tenpin' bowl perfectly fine in a dress thankyouverymuch."  

He smirked highly pleased at something "Love to see that." He murmured flustering me more and flaring my hormones. God. "C'mon Cinderella, hop in." He said opening my door.  

I laughed "Cinderella doesn't wear a red dress." I stated.  

He pursed his lips. God what I'd kill to feel them. "Well which fairy tale princess does?" he asked.  

I bit my bottom lip in thought "Hmmm." I said thinking "None actually." I said slightly surprised and miffed.  

"So it's a fairy tale of your own." He declared. I wish. I slid into the seat, hopefully gracefully. "Princess." He said tipping his imaginary hat making me giggle as amusedly he shut the door softly.  

Driving onto the road Jace tapped the steering wheel, watching him I was undecided on whether it was out of excitement or anxiety. One thing for sure it wasn't in time to the beat, he was way off. I snickered softly at that as I glanced out the window. I could feel Jace's curious but amused gaze on me.  

It was startling how easily I could tell his emotions or when he was glancing at me. I could just feel it. I didn't know if it was connection, instincts or I was just some amazing reader.  

"You still haven't told me where we are going." I said glancing over at him.  

He smiled smugly and I narrowed my eyes teasingly "It's a surprise." He said full of smugness and joy at his power.  

"Jacey!" I wined like a two year old tilting my head and giving him my best puppy dog face batting my eyelashes.  

His eyes glazed for a moment and then he shook his head pointing an accusing finger at me "Nu-uh. That's not fair using your cuteness. It's a surprise." He reinforced glancing away trying to resist and keep strong.