The Daydreamer - Chp 2 [Beautiful Eyes]

~Just as long as your mine/I'll be your everything tonight/Let me love you, kiss you/Baby, let me miss you/Let me see your/Dream about, dream about/Dream about your eyes/Beautiful eyes~

"Okay if you need anything else call me and I'll send it up." My Aunt said embracing me tightly as we stood at the bus stop. The bus would be here soon. I inhaled her floral motherly sent one last time as she held me. I knew she was trying to keep strong, trying not to cry. Glancing over her shoulder I spotted the bus.  

Pulling back I smiled up at my Aunt "Love you Aunt Lill." I murmured a single tear escaping from her pretty face. She was only in her early thirties, and single. How I had no idea, she was beautiful. Fine features with a thick lock of blonde hair and those piercing teal eyes. Maybe with me gone she'd finally have a chance of meeting someone. Yeah, she deserved a proper family.  

She brushed the side of my face "Love you, now call me when you get in." she called as I pulled back and shuffled on the bus.  

Awkwardly with my shoulder bag and luggage bag I made my way up to the back corner. Heaving a deep sigh I slumped down just in time to wave to my Aunt before she disappeared.  

Squirming in my seat I made myself comfortable for the long trip. The bus was practically deserted; the odd couple people were on but up the front, all chatting softly in amongst themselves. Pulling my legs up on the seat I sat sideways. The morning had a slight chill to it, cold I pulled my loose gray cardigan over my black skinnies and my white ruffled singlet blouse. Slipping my iPod on I watched my grey slouch boots tap to the music as I wandered off in thought.

***

I jostled awake as we came to a stop. Dazed I glanced up as I had slid further in my seat my hair curtaining my face softly. We still weren't near Canberra yet. It appeared we'd stopped for a toilet break, as in a single file people stepped off.  

Waiting patiently for the last I adjusted myself and got off letting my legs walk it out. Pulling my cardigan tighter around me I glanced around. It seemed to be near dusk as we'd stopped at a park. Old ladies near Mamma's age lined up for the toilets whilst the odd few stray kids squealed as they finally put their energy to use, their parents watching them weary.  

Letting my legs take me I slowly walked around the outskirts of the park. The back row of trees that started off as some sort of a forest swayed gently rustling in the breeze, the nippy air making me hold myself tighter. Distantly I could hear the chatter and squeals as I stopped. I glanced around the beautiful little park. It was cute; park benches, an equipment and some sort of monument. It was a shame I had no idea where I was.  

Glancing behind me into the dark depths of the trees I was intrigued; I loved walking and exploring. It was almost as if this beautifully eerie forest was calling and aching for me to step through. Taking a slow step forward I bit my bottom lip feeling the pull.  

The groans and tantrums of children bought me to a halt "Come on back we go!" The driver called out. I sighed; time to leave.  

Feeling suddenly highly warm and at ease I slid my cardigan off my shoulders letting my bare shoulders be stroked, I shivered feeling awake and cleansed.  

Reluctantly I made my way back over to the bus and last as always I silently boarded the bus shuffling past those seated and nestling into my seat letting my eyes close as the bus started. The talking fell to soft murmurs as the door slid shut. Placing my headphones in I let the song carry me away.  

The bus came to a sudden lurch as it halted abruptly. I opened my eyes noting the door opening. I resumed to daydreaming. The chatter and murmurs grew louder, curious I glanced around. The driver was back to focusing on the road, glancing around further I caught two boys about my age shuffling to seats.