The Daydreamer - Chp 15 [Breathe]

~I can't breathe without you/But I have to breathe without you/But I have to breathe without you/But I have to~ Taylor Swift Featuring. Colbie Caillat

"Keep my heart until I get back." His words making my eyes finally fill with tears I had fought back since he'd told me of his departure.

"And I was doing so good!" I cried as sobs escaped my wet lips.

Jace's thumb wiped under my eyes smiling humourlessly "I'm so sorry baby." He whispered his guilt hitting me.

I shook my head "It's not your fault, or anyone else's. We've just got to get use to it." I said shakily trying to get a steady breath.

It was silent as we stood out front under the huge oak tree as Jace held me tight up against him "I love you and I will miss and will get home as soon as possible." He said defiantly kissing the top of my head. "If you need anything. Anything. Call me." He said stressing it. "And most importantly don't forget me."

I crushed his lips desperately to mine wanting to let go, wanting all. He held me just as tight as we kissed hungrily until my breath almost ceased. "Never." I panted in his ear his pain striking me. "I love you." I whispered as Lance walked over towards us ready to go.

Jace groaned "Oh god I love you." He said kissing me roughly my lips already swollen from last night.

"Ready Jace?" Lance asked, tearing our lips apart as Lance stood by the driver's side of his car. Jace was leaving his Ute in case I needed it. Jace didn't reply but sighed. Lance sent me a warm understanding look before sliding into the seat.

Jace sighed again turning back to me "I love you." He whispered his hands resting on the side of my face as I blissfully leant in against him trying to remember every detail of his touch.

He pulled back and unable to bite it back to keep him from hearing I whimpered making him tense in pain at mine. Stiffly he got into the car.

"Love you." I whispered once the door shut. His eyes meeting mine telling me he heard.

***

15 minutes. I had already sunk as low as possible, I was in the shower again realising this was the worst I have ever felt. Sure before meeting Jace I was filled with terror. But this was utter longing and painful need; it was like I was gasping for air. When I use to daydream and long for the dream it was nothing compared to this as I had never experienced it. But now sitting on the showers floor all I wanted was for Jace creep into the shower with me and to clean every inch of my body like the other morning.

***

120 minutes. I felt sick as I hopelessly roamed the house unsure of where to go, what to do, what to think. I felt so loss. Jen was off doing who knows what yet even company didn't seem promising. Unless it was Jace filling the silence.

***

180 minutes. I found myself in the library deciding that maybe to make this more bearable I needed to make it like before. Daydreaming. Remembering Jace's warning with the books I went to the area for simply reading no fantasy world related. Unless it was a fantasy book. Yet all books were the more traditional and older. Sitting down in the window seat I opened to the first page praying 'Romeo and Juliet' would sweep me away.

***

420 minutes. 'Pride and Prejudice' now finished hadn't helped either as I cursed at Mr Darcy and Elizabeth for their lack of help. Sour I knew I couldn't concentrate here so bounding up a handful of books to help alleviate my hole I thumped upstairs. Nestling into Jace's bed I thought this would be better as his woodsy musky scent would blanket me with reassurance.