The Daydreamer - Chp 13 [Everything Has Changed]

~'Cause all I know is we said "Hello"/And your eyes look like coming home/All I know is a simple name/Everything has changed/All I know is you held the door/You'll be mine and I'll be yours/All I know since yesterday is everything has changed~ Taylor Swift Featuring. Ed Sheeran

I blushed. And not a 'oh, I can blame it on the slicing cool breeze' blush, no, it was a 'tomatoes look white compared to you' blush. All I could think was; she knows. She knows. She knows.  

Sitting me down on my feet Jace chuckled at me, obviously amused by my flushed cheeks, making me elbow him hard in the stomach. I knew that had only hurt me. Stupid werewolves.  

"Lance!" She called out.  

I glanced up at her. She was beautiful; her hair a red shade that was curled up into a messy yet suiting bun, her eyes green like Jace's yet not as glorious. She was so fine and tiny, her face small and sweet as she stood in jeans and a three quarter top. Yet I knew underneath that tiny frame there was strength. After all, she was a werewolf.  

"God, Jace sure wasn't joking or over dramatizing when he said you were beautiful." She said whilst embracing me. Her hug warm and honest, no fraud or forcefulness to her actions. I laugh weakly feeling slightly awkward yet welcoming as she pulled back her hands still sitting gently on my shoulders in a friendly almost loving manner. "Lance!" She called again over her tiny shoulder her voice not so tiny anymore. "You simply are a vision." She said looking back at me brushing a loose strand of my hair behind my ear. "La- Oh, there you are." She said as Lance, Jace's dad, rounded the corner in trackies and a shirt instantly telling me he was very laid back, his laugh lines telling me a joker, a tease, also telling me that was where Jace got it from.  

He was tall, definitely against Jen, Jace's mum, his eyes a hazel though his hair a light brown with the odd glints of blonde. Yet although he seemed really nice and friendly a strong sense screamed power and leadership. Alpha. I had worried the most meeting Jace's dad, he was after all Alpha and I was worried that he'd judge, see my weaknesses and declare me not good enough.  

Though all that worry had fled, especially when he embraced me. "So this is my girl." He said his voice ever so happy and warm, his embrace just as welcoming as Jen's and again I laughed weakly. I was relieved.  

It was Jace's anxious emotions that made me pull back to glance over my shoulder at him. His gaze on his father sending an anxious warning. What was that...? I realized he was worried about his father's forwardness due to my own father. Catching my eyes I rolled mine at him, the big goof was all I thought my amusement clear as he replied his face saying all; what? To be honest I found his father's forwardness comforting, welcoming and a nice difference. My only fatherly role model throughout my life was my biological father. It was nice to see and even slightly experience what others did. I adored Jace's over protectiveness though, he knew my trust was limited and especially towards male. Jace was my mate so it explained how easily I formulated a relationship with him, even just as friends. But I was going to be meeting people who are not my mate, so it was going to be difficult.  

"Brrr. You're probably freezing Em, come on inside." Jen said walking inside. Lance instantly racing after her to wrap his arms around her making me smile more as I was always smiling at her calling me Em. I knew instantly I was accepted.  

I jumped slightly startled as a hand wrapped around my wrist my heart beating erratically and just not from the scare. "Hey." Jace soothed kissing my cheek "Just me." He said a dazzling smile on his face. 

He tugged me forward as we walked into the floor boarded hall kicking off my shoes, out of habit, Jace glanced at me obviously amused making me roll my eyes again. Leading us down the hall I stopped by a photo frame, the first of many. "Wh-?"