The Daydreamer - Chp 41 [Tied Together With A Smile]

~Hold on, baby you're losing it/The water's high, you're jumping into it and letting go/And no one knows/You cry, but you don't tell anyone/That you might not be the golden one/And you're tied together with a smile/But you're coming undone~

“Oh god I am so nervous, how do I look?” Mel asked tugging at her dress. I think all of us rolled our eyes, all of us meaning Carmody, Gem and I.

Jen, Lilly and Mamma had already left to get to the venue whilst we girls waited for our transportation which would arrive once all was ready over at the house.

I wasn’t nervous surprisingly, I wasn’t fidgeting or squirming, instead I stood on the steps waiting.

This morning had already been chaotic; there was hair and makeup, constant touch ups, photos, other odd alterations, more photos and lots of hugs from all who were here. Champagne made its way around combined with us gushing and giggling as we waited.

My hair was in simple curls as the dress was the statement and my makeup was natural. Though the more I waited the more I questioned the dress. It just wasn’t....right. I pushed the thought aside and watched the girls in a deep purple mauve strapless dresses that scrunched at the bust and then flowed down elegantly to the floor, their hair also in waves yet a quiff pulled the hair from their eyes. They looked beautiful but I....well I wasn’t so sure.

But I didn't care, all I wanted was to walk down that aisle, it was the only thing I was certain about.

The sound of tires on the gravel and pebbles made me look up to spot the white limo pull up. We all stood up and walked over as he got out and stepped around to the door opening it. 

“You go first Mel.” I said nodding towards the held open door as a sudden wave of jitters hitting me with chills.

The man cleared his throat and I looked up at him “I'm sorry, but Jace ordered two limousines, one separately for just you.” He said.

I frowned at the fact that I was clueless to this arrangement yet it shouldn’t have surprised me, after all it was Jace.

“Here Em.” Mel said smiling as she handed me the pink and white lilies bouquet, lilies my favourite flowers. I took it and got in smiling at the girls once nervously before the door closed.

My chauffer got in and started up. “So I hear you’ve got a big day in front of you.”

I stood up the front by the iron arch that was woven with the roses and the hypnotic fountain making me smile and jiggle my legs with anticipation as I waited for her to step out and down the aisle.

White chairs sat before me where guests slid into, chatting happily amongst themselves all dressed up as the green and vibrant garden surrounded us in the beautiful sun. I looked over at the photographer as he mingled and snapped shots, I watched Jack and Sonny push each other playfully at the entrance to the aisle and I watched as Lilly and Kurt spoke happily with my parents gushing whilst I saw Gladys and Mamma chuckle as they mingled with other.

It was all great to watch but I only wanted one thing, or person.

Kane’s face popped out from the side of the house, instantly I beamed; they were to be here soon. It was as e gestured me over that my heart hitched and I noticed his pale white and concerned face. I made my way to him my heart beating in my throat. “Hey man, where’s little Coop?” I asked as I followed him inside as that was where Kane had been; inside feeding Cooper as Mel was with Emmy.

“Mum’s got him.” He said stopping in the lounger room to face me square on. “Man...Em’s gone.” I blinked but I didn't need to speak for Kane to extend. “Mel and the girls are here and Em isn’t, she left before them in the other limo, she should be here.”