The Daydreamer - Chp 49 [Two Is Better Than One]

~Maybe it's true/That I can't live without you/And maybe two is better than one/There's so much time/To figure out the rest of my life/And you thought that it got me coming undone/And I'm thinking/I can't live without you/Cause, baby, two is better than one/There's so much time/To figure out the rest of my life/But I'll figure it out/When it's all said and done/Two is better than one/Two is better than one~ Boys Like Girls Featuring. Taylor Swift

Soon the soft summer night embraced us as the chairs were taken away, as people mingled and chatted happily, the food lovely and mouthwatering whilst the music of the soft acoustic guitar magical. Photos were constant and throughout it all I held onto Jace, never letting go.

Jace finally took my hand and led me out for our first dance, I caught his gaze as we spun on the grace, the solar lights sparkling around us as we spun, the stars winking back and the breeze like a caress. I smiled “So, hubby.” I teased up at him giving his shoulders a playful squeeze as the camera and eyes followed us.

Jace chuckled leaning down the kiss me tenderly “You are breathe takingly beautiful baby.” He whispered brushing the hair from my eyes from the beautiful soft embrace of the summer wind.

I bit my bottom lip smiling some more, “You’re pretty dashing yourself.” I said, an understatement; he was beyond handsome, a god. A sexy one at that.

I let my head fall onto his chest as Jace led us spinning us around gently, almost rocking me to sleep. His fingers ran through my hair as his chin nestled on the top of my head. He hummed to the song softly, humming it to me.

Sadly the song grew to a halt, and another luckily started.

***

You would think that the amount of that night that I spent dancing my feet would have been killing, yet they were far from noticeable. Maybe they were now numb or maybe I was just so happy that it rid every horror. Either way I didn’t care.

After having a dance with Lance for another time I turned in search of Jace.

“Em?”

My head snapped up in the direction of the voice, to find the twins smiling at me. “Hey guys.” I said softly “Thank you for everything.” I whispered beyond words.

They smiled as if it was nothing.

I knew even if the girls played no role in saving my life and wedding I’d still love them dearly. They were people you could instantly just click with.

“Uh, Em?” Alli began cautiously, making me freeze praying this wasn’t a dream they’d made or that it was a twenty four hour thing like Cinderella.

Jace’s arms suddenly wrapped around my waist making me blink a couple times, he’d felt my alarm. “Yeah, what sorry?” I asked unsure if I wanted to hear this.

“I noticed, when healing, that you have scars from before today.” Alli said slowly, choosing her words cautiously. I blushed slightly at the fact of myself being naked whilst asleep, in front of them. “They’re light and faded which means it’d be easy for me to heal, that’s if you want me to.”

I blinked the question startling yet not as much as my response “No.” I said simply. “I mean, thank you for the offer but those scars are a part of my past, a part of me. I’d forget myself without them.” I said honestly. “They make me who I am.” I said trying to shrug it off to lighten the seriousness.

[They make you strong.] Jace whispered to me.

His voice in my head didn’t startle me anymore, Jace had explained it was possible for us to talk like this as when I had reached out to him it wasn’t for help, it was to protect him, it was out of love. Our relationship was as strong as possible.