Loneliness

(A/N : Enjoy and tell me how was the chapter...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOUR MONTHS LATER…

Forth’s POV

It’s been four months now. Beam is not talking to me. I don’t know what went wrong. He's just avoiding me since the last day of our first year… He didn't even reply to my messages during vacation.

He has shifted to a new dorm which is next to  Kit’s room. I tried so many times to talk to him but to no avail. He's acting normal in front of others but not giving me “Our Time”. He's just avoiding me I guess.  What should I do ? I also tried to force him to get drunk when we went drinking so that he'd talk his heart out but he didn't drink at all. That's really hurting me. I wanted to ask P'Pete but what should I ask? I asked Kit, why Beam is distancing himself from everyone or if he has any problem, to which Kit only replied that he doesn't know about it and said my question amused him because Beam is really good and having fun with them all the time without even missing a single class.so… it's just me I guess. I tried all ways to get to know why Beam is distancing himself from me, but I couldn’t reach the answer.

Even if Kit said Beam is himself, I can see Beam always lost in thoughts. He looks skinny these days. Not as active as he used to be during freshman’s year. His childlike talks, fights with Pha and Kit over silly topics, running around and most importantly his beautiful smile… All seems disappeared. At least I can't see it anymore. Maybe he is himself with others but … Why can't I feel the same? Why do I miss him? I miss him a lot these days.

I was lost in my thoughts when I saw Wayo, my cousin and the moon from the Faculty Of Science. He is cute. If I ever had a choice to choose a younger brother I would have chosen him to be my real brother. I take care of him like P'Pete takes care of Beam. Damn!!! I can’t get Beam out of my mind. What has happened to you Beam? I shook my head and realised Wayo was looking at my hands. He looked angry.

“What’s in your hand P’? Are you smoking? When did you start it? You were never like this. Why did you even sta...?” I cut his sentence before he could fire more questions at me.

“It’s nothing serious. I’m not addicted to it. And stop firing the questions at me like that. Anyway, What are you doing here Nong?”

Wayo’s Pov

“It’s nothing serious. I’m not addicted to it. And stop firing the questions at me like that. Anyway, What are you doing here Nong?” P’Forth asked me.

What should I answer him. The reason behind me sulking and being angry is my stupid crush P’Pha. He bought me my favourite Pink Milk and I was so happy to get it from him but when I entered the practice room I saw that all juniors are getting free drinks from P’Pha. I hate him. I just hate him for being a jerk and not realising how much I love him, I think he doesn't even remember me. We have studied in the same high school and I have a crush on him since then. He is the only reason I had applied to enroll in this university. But…

“Nong ! I asked you, What has happened?” Asked P’Forth to me.

“N-Nothing P’Forth. Just tired!”

“Why are you standing here? Go for your photoshoot Wayo.” I knew it’s P’Pha’s voice but I turned my head to be sure and I was right.

Beam’s POV

I was looking at Forth from a distance since the moment he arrived here. He looks heartbroken. He has even started smoking. He looks all doomed. I feel sad for him but he deserves this kind of pain. He should feel the pain of getting his heart broken. He has broken my heart.

Yes. He has! He has broken my heart into pieces. I was all ready to confess my love to him on our last day of freshman’s year. I went to see him at the canteen of the engineering faculty. I was just behind the wall. I saw him. He was sitting with his elder brother P’Mew. I clearly heard what they were saying.

Flashback Beam’s POV

“P’ Do you remember I told you that I had a crush on a guy during my high school days?” Forth was talking with excitement to his brother.

“The guy whom you saw for the first time on the beach during our summer vacation when we went with our other cousins to Phuket? The guy you never thought you will meet again. Your love at first sight that you thought would always be incomplete.” P’Earth.

“You remember too much about him.” Forth said unamused.

“You never let me forget about him. I have heard the same description over thousands of times since the last six years. What about him?” P’Mew asked.

“P’ I have found him and I am going to propose to him today. I… I really love him P’. I want you to meet him today. Am going to tell everyone about him. I am sure he will accept me too. I think he loves me too P’.” forth sounded very cheerful and happy talking about his crush.

“Let me call Beam.I want him to, see how I am going to propose to him.” Forth said excitedly. I felt hot water drops falling from my eyes. I don’t want to witness the moment when Forth is going to propose his crush. How can I be so stupid? I ran from there without wasting a single second. I got into the car that I borrowed from P'Pete, (I almost fought and sulked to let him give it to me.)

I remembered Forth’s weird and suspicious behaviour from last month. He wasn’t talking to me like before. He always hid his phone when he saw me coming. I saw him talking on the phone and smiling like an idiot two times and when I asked him, he just changed the topic both times.

All he did was forget everything that we had? Just for a guy he met, what… before six years? And his love erupted suddenly towards him? What about us? What about me? And he expects me to see how he is going to propose to that boy? Did he never feel what I felt about him? Does this boy give him…? Just because that Forth? It's not that I didn't want it… I… I was just hesitant when he wanted to kiss me because… I'm scared it will lead to… No…

I felt hot streams of hot water running down my cheeks.

I was such a fool. How did I think he loves me too! He was just being nice to me as a roommate? and I … I misunderstood his caring as his love towards me. I… am… I am an idiot. I am a total fool.

Present

From that day I decided to keep some distance from him. I didn’t reply to any of his calls or replied to his messages. I don’t have the courage to hear him talking about someone else with his heart. I don’t want to know who that person is! I have no courage to get my heart broken into pieces. After I heard the conversation between Forth and his P’ I heard a rumor about Forth having proposed to someone. And just after the second year started and girls from all the departments were talking that Forth is heartbroken since the one he loves has rejected him. Some of the girls from my class and faculty approached me to introduce themselves to Forth since I was his friend during our first year, but I rejected them by giving some reasons.

And here I am today. Sitting in the practice hall because Phana wants us to be with him during this Star Moon dance practice!!! I can't avoid Forth even if I want to. I tried to avoid him. I certainly felt betrayed even if we were not in a relationship. I tried to avoid him because I'm not over him yet. Not that I don't understand he's trying to talk to me because of my sudden change of behaviour. I know he wants us to be friends. But... I don't want to feel weak all of a sudden and cry my heart out. I don't want to become a joke. I can't let it happen. I don't want to. What if he toys with my heart again? What if the boy returns and ruins our relationship again?

“Do you need some water, Beam?” I looked at the bottle hanging in front of my eyes and looked up to see the  person holding it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[A/N: Should have titled this chapter as Misunderstanding instead of Loneliness but this what both of them felt... Right?

Tell me how r u? Somehow, today, I'm missing Tee (T_T ) ]