The Confrontation

(A/N : I hate angst and I want everything to settle down soon... Do you? )

Kit's POV

I was walking with hurry to reach the dance practice hall to meet Phana who was assigned to look after and mentor the junior Moons.

I am still confused about what Phana thinks about me. When Phana started keeping in mind everything that I liked and I noticed it, but soon he started paying attention to Beam too. I have a crush on Phana since forever but Phana is like a father figure for me and Beam.

Beam started teasing Phana as his Dad because he was always overprotective towards Beam and me and on the other side I was always caring and soft towards Beam because he was chubbier and bullied by some bullies in the school. Beam was the youngest at home and pampered a lot. So, to make him feel the same at the school and to protect him from bullies, I and Phana did everything we had to and everything we could. And soon he was like our child. Even though people call me cute, which I don't like at all, I think Beam is more cute than me. Handsome yet cute and beautiful. The Angel.

I still remember the mini heart attack I got when suddenly one day Beam had called Phana and me husband and wife because we were acting Beam’s second parents most of the times. Hell!!! That mini heart attack!! But somehow I felt good too, to be associated with Pha in that way. At least in Beam's imagination I was his...

I think Beam knows about my feelings for Phana but he and I never talked about it. And, suddenly, at the end of our Junior high school, Beam had asked Phana if he was interested in boys because he never had a girlfriend, and also one of the juniors in our school was famous as his admirer-Nong Wayo. The cutest boy in the school. Also famous as Nong Yo. Yo had already confessed his love to Phana but Phana had rejected him right away.

I knew what my heart wanted and about my sexuality when I started feeling something more than just a friend for Phana. But I didn't go ahead. I always feel that Phana deserves better. Better than me. And even if Phana turns gay, he deserves someone like Wayo. So, when Nong Yo came into the scenario, I backed off. I knew Phana deserved a lover like Wayo, who admires Phana the most. I could never be like Wayo. And I know it very well that Phana would never think of me that way. It's just jokes.

I had started feeling that Phana was flirting with me after he won the Moon’s title. Yet, I'm not sure about Phana. He's a jerk. If I would confess my feelings he will laugh his ass out or will be disgusted by me. Moreover he don't even believe in love. He just plays along.

So… Here I am, walking with hurry to reach the dance practice hall to meet Phana who was assigned to look after and mentor the junior Moons. And I heard something right away.

“Ming… see this!! P’Pha has specially bought this pink milk for me! He knew I like pink milk. Do you think he remembers me Ming?”
I was stunned. Did I just?...  I heard the junior moons talking. I looked at the boy. He was the same boy from their school. Nong Yo! Moon of Faculty of Science. I heard how the moon of science was chirping with happiness and excitement.

He was the same Yo, who was rumoured to have Phana’s biggest admirer in the school with Ming who is his best friend and "the player" who changes his girlfriends like he changes his clothes.

I ran to the hall. There. I saw Beam. I saw a bottle of water. I gulped it down. I have to calm my heart.

'You have to be strong Kit. Yo will find his way to Phana's heart sooner or later. Phana is not yours. You are not meant be together. Phana will soon have someone who is better than you. All you need is to see Phana's happy face, even if it takes... Just be ready.' I told myself.