Roots In The Past

(A/N : The culprit has some reasons... And the roots of it are in the past... Just ... Read it)

Stay Healthy, Stay safe

Forth's POV

Lam and I called Phana, Kit, Beam, P'Tay and P'Kao. All gathered. P'Tay was still angry but I was glad that he came. After all he should know the truth.

"Why did you call us?" P'Pete asked me.

"You wanted me to find those guys didn't you?" I asked.

"You got them already? Just in two days?" Said P'Pete as he raised his eyebrows. He smiled in annoyance. "Where are those culprits?" He added and looked around.

3rd Person POV

"Do you remember him P'Pete?" Asked Lam as he came in with the culprit, whose face has some reddish bruises and a black circle around his left eye.

"P- Pond??" Pete asked. "Yes P'Pete." Answered Lam.

"B-Beee... Beam... is he the one?" Asked Pete as he looked at Beam but horror in Beam's eyes after watching Pond in front of him was the only answer Pete got. Pete then turned to Pond. "Why Pond?? Why??" said Pete as he turned to face Pond.

"You killed my brother!!! You killed my brother, you murderer!!!!" Shouted Pond at Pete.

"I... I did not kill him... I did not..." said Pete as tears rolled down his cheeks as he remembered the past that he always wanted to forget.

Pete and Pong were best friends since middle-school. They always were together. They were never separated.

It was the last day of their picnic in the mountains and the thirteen years kids decided to walk to the waterfall one last time. They sneaked out of their tents and went to the waterfall. They were enjoying the sound of milky white water which shone like bright lights because of the stars.

They were just enjoying themselves when Pong felt a tap on his shoulder. They saw a drunk man. The drunk man smirked as both the boys got up and tried to run but soon Pete was captured by another man. The drunk man pushed Pong on the ground and tried to kiss him. Pete who was captured by another man pushed him on the tree and tried to force himself on Pete. Pete hit the man's balls and the man lost his grip on Pete. Pete ran to save Pong and kicked the man on top of Pong on his head. The drunk man held his head and Pete pulled Pong. Both of them started running but just a few minutes later the man who had held Pete grabbed Pong's hand. Pete turned back to see this view and started to run towards his friend.

"Run Pete. Run... Call teacher... I'll fight them." shouted Pong and the men started laughing evilly. "This pale boy is going to fight us!' said one man and both laughed. "Please Pete... Get some help." begged Pong as he was crying. But Pete didn't listen. He lifted a stone and threw at one man. The stone hit the man on his head and he lost his consciousness. The other man pulled out a knife and was about to hit Pete's stomach but Pong pushed Pete and the knife went straight into Pong's stomach. Pete took another stone and hit that man on his face. Pete didn't even know where the man was hit.

He carried Pong on his back and started walking towards the tents. As he reached the tents he only saw his teachers were shouting at him but he couldn't hear anything. His mind and eyes were locked on Pong. He saw Pong's wound getting dressed. An ambulance came and he ran after the men carrying Pong on a stretcher. He fought with all the people who tried to keep him away from his friend. He again only looked at Pong in the moving ambulance, getting out of it,Putting him in a wheelchair running inside the hospital, taking him to a room and making Pete stand outside the room. He only looked up as he heard his mother's voice. Only then he started crying. He cried for two hours non stop and then told her the whole incident. Pong's parents came and heard the incident from Pete's mother.

"You!! You killed my brother P'Pete. I heard you saying to him that he took the knife that was supposed to kill you. I wanted to kill your brother. I wanted you to feel how I felt after my brother died!" Said Pond as he was shedding tears.

"Pong was like my brother, Pond. I didn't kill him." Pete said but his expressions changed to anger as he remembered what he tried to do with his Beam. "How dare you touch my brother? Not once but twice! You tried to hurt him twice!" shouted Pete. "And... If Pong was alive, he could have never forgiven you because... Because the one you tried to hurt, the boy who you think is just my brother, was more than that to your brother."

All eyes were on Pete as he said it. "Pong, loved Beam. Not as a brother but... More than that... Pong could never be happy if he knows that his own brother tried to hurt Beam."

"Wh...??? You... You are lying. To save your brother..." Said Pond.

"You can ask Aunt Sara, your mother. She knew this." said Pete, to Pond. "You shouldn't jump to conclusions and hurt people, Pond." He added.

Pond fell on the ground as he realized his mistake. He wanted to avenge his brother's death but what he heard just now made him feel so small. He cried and cried and no one came to calm him down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N : Did you expect this plot twist? Did you guess that culprit had some connections with Pete?  Did you laugh when Pete said Pong liked Beam? if yes, then let me tell you... My Beam is so beautiful that no one can resist themselves from falling for his charms. 

And... do you know why Beam wasn't a moon? Because moons has spots and my Beam's beauty is spotless like his soul... 

Anyways give your views on this chapter... )