Moving

Beam's POV

I was sitting in our home. Mae has called Kit and Pha to join breakfast because it's Sunday and she thought both of them might be feeling homesick because they're living in the dorm.

Well, I'm going to live in a dorm too like my P' because our home is quite far from uni and Mae is not worried because P' will also be there along with Kit and Pha to care for me ... Hmmm ... That's what she was saying a few minutes ago.

I don't know why she still thinks that I'm a kid!!!

"By the way Kit, Pha!!! Who dropped Beam on the first day of his college? I was busy that day and completely forgot about picking him. I was worried sick. Anyway thanks for dropping him home but you should have told me that you're giving him a ride." P'Pete asked.

Pha and Kit were looking at each other.

I was about to utter a word when my idiot friend opened his mouth.

"Neither Pha nor I gave him ride back home."  Mommy kitty, you're so dead now.

"Yeah! He said he will go see you in your department and then he'll go with you and so we went to our dorm." Giraffe Phana !!! I hate my friends.

Wait. Why am I getting angry at my friends? I didn't say anything about this. How am I supposed to help me with this?

"I took a taxi." I said.

"You said your phone's battery was dead." P' said.

Oh God!! Why am I hiding the truth?? Why am I feeling miserable??

"Is there any new trend of waving back to the cab driver that I'm unaware of ???" Mae said laughing making my situation more complicated.

What do I say now? If I say it's my friend then Pha and Kit will ask who? If I tell the truth ... What will happen if I tell the truth?? Why am I hiding it?? No need to hide it. But what will they say when they'll get to know I accepted to go home with...

"Did any girl drop you Beam??"

"He was a guy. No girl has dropped me." I said.

"Which guy??" All said in one voice.

"That guy who saved me on the same day!"

"Saved!!!" Mae was shocked to hear that and she almost yelled.

P'Pete told her the whole incident in detail adding that how careless and childlike I was to cross the road without watching which earned me a smack in the head by Pha and with some scolding and then a warm hug by Mae that showed how worried she is about me.

Por had come down meanwhile and listened to everything and then accused ‘Dear, your love and treatment to Beam like a child has stopped Beam getting older and responsible like P'Pete.’

This happens when you have siblings right??
Por wasn't saying anything wrong. I know I'm spoiled because of Mae's love and I like being pampered, I love to be taken care of and do whatever I like. P'Pete is really an example of a good guy, except the fact that he is short tempered but his anger fades away easily too that makes him again a guy with a plus point.

~~~~~~~~

Everyone helped me to pack my stuff that I'll need in the dorm. Since I'll live alone in my dorm, I wanted to keep so many things like my favourite pillow, my CD collection of movies and my favourite songs and so many other things but Mae, P'Pete, Pha and kit rejected them saying it's unnecessary. I tried to put some things without letting them know but nothing hides from Mae's eye.

So, I have only a bag and a box containing the things that everyone except me thinks are "necessary".

I waved Mae and Por bye and saw that Mae was crying when I got into the car. I had never stayed away from her since childhood. I found myself crying too but soon I wiped my tears because I didn't want to get teased by Pha and Kit for that for the rest of my life. You need to be extra cautious when you have friends like Kit and Pha who never leave any opportunity to tease you.

~~~~~~~~

Late Night On The First Day Of Freshman year

Beam’s POV

On our way back to Uni I saw the restaurant where I and Forth had our dinner when he came to drop me home because my stomach was growling and I couldn't handle  my hunger anymore.

That day ...

I was standing outside the engineering faculty building hoping P'Pete to come and pick me. I was really very hungry. I had already told to Pha and Kit that I'll go with P' so they had left me there. As I took out my phone I saw the battery of my phone was dead.

I saw Forth coming towards the gate with his friends. He waved Hi to me and said something to his friends and ran towards me.

"Aren't you going home?"

"Waiting for P'Pete!"

"He went to have dinner with P'Kao."

My face might have shown him some worry.

"Call him."

"My phone's battery is dead."

"Ohh!!" He put his hands in the pocket of his pants and handed me his phone.

"Call him using my phone."

I tried calling him three times but he didn't pick the call.

"Wait here for a second" Forth told me and ran as fast as he could, I guess.

A few minutes later a man on bike appeared in front of me and handed me a helmet. I was scared and walking away when I heard Forth calling my name. He was the guy with the bike. I recognized his face because he had removed his helmet.

"You don't need to drop me."

"Do you know which bus goes to your home?"

I didn't know. I never had to take any bus for any reason. I shook my head.

"I will go to my friend. They live in a dorm."

"Do you know their building number? I can drop you there."

I felt like I was the dumbest person ever on earth. I shook my head again.

"Then.. hop on"

I had no option and excuse to say No. I sat behind him.

"Hold me tight or you'll fall down."

He was riding very fast and I was scared. I was holding his shirt so tight that I knew it will take him much time to iron to get these wrinkles removed.

He was asking me questions while riding. He asked me about my school, my friends, my family and also about my favourite food.

When he asked me about food I told him that I'm hungry and we stopped at a restaurant. We ordered our food and ate while continuing our question answer session. He was asking and I answered. I too started asking him some questions and soon we started our conversation. Sharing so many things.

I paid the bill despite his willingness to pay because he was dropping me home and my home wasn't near.

When he dropped me off at my home. I was worried about how he would go back. I asked him if he wants to stay at my home but he refused saying he likes night rides and he will go safely. I told him to drop me a message when he reaches his dorm.

"Here" He handed me his phone again and I looked at him in confusion.

"Give me your number. I don't have it."

Why am I acting like an idiot or am I really one!! God!!!
I typed my number and saved it on his phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Busy with my assignments but still updating chapters of this story!!! Geezz!! I really suck at time management though!!!!