The Key

3rd Person POV

As soon as Beam opened the door of his car in the parking lot of his dorm, he saw a guy.

Beam was in a rush to go to his dorm, see and wish Forth as soon as possible. He also bought a small gift for Forth. He was quite surprised when Pha got the title of Campus moon instead of Forth because Forth was the one everyone thought deserves the Title more than him. His hurried walk was stopped by the guy and before he could have even blink his eyes the guy punched Beam’s face, cracking Beam's lips. He was stronger than Beam even though he was drunk. Beam dodged his another punch then kicked the guy in his stomach. Beam was successful to knock off the guy in a few more kicks. The guy was drunk.

Lam was talking with his girlfriend on his phone in the lobby of the Forth floor of the same building.. He was shaking his head to say no and as he turned his head on his right he saw someone was punching Beam. He ended the call immediately stating to his girlfriend that it was an emergency. He ran towards them but before he could reach to save Beam, the guy was cringing in pain. And Beam wasn't there anymore. Panicked, Lam called Forth first saying it was an emergency and it was about Beam. He called Pete too, saying the same thing.

Forth was just two buildings away from his dorm building on the left while Pete and Kao were sitting on a bench outside their dorm building when they got the call from Lam.

Pete, Kao and Forth entered the building at the same time and rushed to the lift. All of them looked at each other asking with eyes what happened to Beam. None of them knew what exactly Lam meant by emergency. As they reached near the lift they saw Lam in front of them. Lam was instructed by Forth not to enter Beam's room and wait till he comes. Lam described the incident to all three worried heads.

All of them were confused because of the sudden attack on Beam. Beam wasn't someone who would get involved in fights. Moreover, he didn't even know many people. He has a very short circle of friends.

Both Pete and Forth put their hands into their pant's pockets as soon as they reached outside the room and removed the dorm's key. Pete had a spare key of Beam's room because he knew Beam may forget or misplace his key anytime anywhere. He was like a child at all. But Pete was shocked when Forth inserted the key inside the lock and opened it.

Pete wasn't in any mood to check why and how everything is happening. He rushed inside the room followed by Forth, who was followed by Kao.  

As Forth entered the room, he saw Beam with dirty clothes and blood coming from the corner of his lips and some scratches on his arms. Pete, Kao, Forth, Lam and Beam were there in the room.

Pete and Kao were standing near the wall and looked at Forth who was holding Beam's hands in his. Forth’s eyes shedding tears were the evidence of his love and affection towards Beam.

“I’m still alive dude. Why those tears?” Beam said to Forth, chuckling as if nothing was wrong. As if nothing has happened.

“Are you hurt? Is it paining? What happened?” Forth didn't pay attention to Beam's chuckle. All he could see was those bruises and blood and dirty clothes.

“I don’t know. A random guy appeared and started the fight. I don’t even know the reason, moreover him. And chill. I'm a man. I can bear more pain than this.” Beam said smiling at Forth.

Forth opened the drawer of the night stand and took out the first aid kit and started curining the wounds.

"Since when?" Pete asked Forth as he couldn’t control his anger seeing Forth’s behaviour.

Acting as if he was Beam’s lo… No. He shouldn't be. He knew how Forth is! A guy who is called as the Boss even if he was only in his first year. Not to mention how he got famous just before a week ago because of his 'small’ fight with 7 boys over the soccer game. And he didn't even get a single scratch. He knew how girls… not only girls but boys too are head over hills for him and wait for his one smile, one word. And according to the information he got from the boys, Forth was a player in his high school, playing with both girls and boys. What if Beam falls for him and gets hurt because of this hunk! He was surely taking care of Beam but 'He would surely leave anyone with a broken heart after “doing” them.’ Pete had heard girls talking about Forth. He didn't want Beam to get his heart broken by this player.

Forth was still applying the ointment on Beam’s bruises. “Pete asked you something Forth!!” Kao said to Forth.

Forth didn't know what to say. He didn't hear Pete. And so did Beam.

“What are you talking about P’?” Beam asked innocently to Kao.

“You should have called me.” Pete said with a cold tone to Beam.

“It was nothing serious P’. I’m not injured. Forth is just overacting” Beam said, pushing Forth’s hand away.

“You can go to your room now.” Beam said to Forth. They were looking in each other’s eyes. Forth nodded and left the room immediately. Lam who was just a spectator for the whole time left the room after Forth’s leave, without saying a single word.

“Are you okay Beam?”

“Yeah P’. I think it might be some misunderstanding. Don't be so rude na. I'm not hurt that much that's why I didn't call you.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, you should go now.” Beam said. “Oh! By the way how did you know?” Beam inquiried.

“That's the secret of engineering brotherhood.” Pete said. Beam rolled his eyes and all three laughed.

“You should go now, I have to take shower and sleep.” Beam said to Pete.

“Hm… You take care of yourself Brat.” Pete told Beam. And left the room

"We will talk to Forth tomorrow." Pete said to Kao and Kao nodded his head.

~~~~~~~~

"You should have cured Beam instead of letting Forth do the work." Kao said to Pete as they were walking in the lobby.

"I know. But I think they are more comfortable with each other I guess."

"Do you think they're …. ?"

"I'm sure they are."

"To what extent?"

"I don't know either. That's why I said we will meet Forth in the morning. I will text him the time and place."

~~~~~~~~~

Pete and his friends tried to find out about the guy. But they only found that Lam found out that the guy misunderstood Beam as the person who meddled with his girlfriend and the guy was beaten again by Lam, Park, Knock and Korn. !! Forth has a good gang!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Let's see in next chapter how far Beam and Forth are gone together...

Any guesses? 😉