part 15

Akane's pov

I laid down on the bed and screamed into the pillow. Oh, kami my heart feels as if it's going to explode!

I desperately tried to rationalise it, I didn't want to come to the conclusion that i-

That i-. I sighed, I was so much of a coward I couldn't even say it. Should I apologise? I did just run away from him. I debated it in my head, I decided to change my clothes first and then come up with a decision.

After I switched clothes I felt a bit more refreshed, repeated to myself what i should say to him.

I roamed around the spacious room as I babbled.

'Hey, Yagura-sama I'm sorry I ditched you!' No that sounds passive-aggressive.

'Hmpf you don't really deserve this since your the one that started it but I guess I'm sorry' dear kami no! That's complete tsundere mode.

'Hey Yagura-sama, sorry I ran away. It's because I guess I got nervous when your beautiful pink eyes looked up at me and-

'WOAH WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST SAY!'. I heard someone trying to stifle their laughter and I unlocked the door.

The person opened my door to reveal Sakura. She giggled: 'you look like you could use a girl chat'. I nodded and chuckled: 'yeah, I'd like one'.

She sat on my bed and I sat across from her: 'lay it on me' she said. I tried to think about everything I was feeling in order to tell her what was truly going through my mind.

I sighed: 'it's complicated but...'. 'But?' She pressed on further. 'This whole situation is stressing me out, I just wish sometimes that we were back in the future but at the same time...'.

She looked at me intently as I gathered my words. 'It's fun here in kirigakure and then there's Yagura-sama'. 'He, he's-. I grabbed a pillow and screamed in it from frustration.

Sakura laughed: 'don't worry I won't judge'. I blushed lightly as I looked up at the ceiling: 'he makes me feel, happy and bubbly and warm. Whenever I'm with him my cheeks heat up and I get butterflies'.

'And, and-' i couldn't express all the feelings he made me feel.

'And?' Sakura questioned her features turned serious.

and I couldn't admit to my self how I felt.

I ruffled through my hair and I desperately wanted an apple to relieve the tension I was feeling.

I'm scared to admit it.
Because i-

Sakura laid her hands on my knees and gave me a reassuring look as if telling me that it's okay.

I don't want to get hurt, I don't want to lose him.

I-

I-

QUIT BEING SUCH A CRYBABY ALREADY! ADMIT IT!

a voice shouted in my head

'I love him okay!' I shouted far louder then i intended. I prayed and hoped no one downstairs could hear me. I expected sakura to laugh but she just smiled at me.

'Then go for it!' Sakura clapped on my shoulder. She leaned in: 'just between you and me' she said and then lowered her voice to a whisper.

'I still have a crush on Sasuke-kun'. I squealed and hugged her. 'I knew it!' I shouted. She blushed hard and I jumped around as i squealed.

'We definitely need to get you two together' she smiled sheepishly before smirking. 'Ah yeah, you and mizukage-sama don't need any matchmaking'.

'Huh?' I said, what she meant passed by me. 'You know since your getting married' she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively at me.

I blushed softly and looked away. 'Wanna come down. I made curry' she said. I sighed and smiled sheepishly.
'Ok I'm ready, let's go'. She took my hand and dragged me.

When we opened the door the guys immediately stopped whispering. I raised my eyebrow but brushed it off.

I sat down next to Sakura and Naruto and in front of me was a plate with rice and curry piled on top. I felt as if Yagura-sama's eyes were on me but I'm sure it's just my paranoia.

The food was...good. it tasted kinda medicinal but I could expect much from Sakura. Naruto finished first, he told us goodnight and headed to his room.

Sasuke and Sakura finished after and i was surprised. Usually, I would be the first or second to finish my food. There was an awkward silence between us.

'Should I apologise? Should i confess my feelings for him? KAMI WHY DIDN'T I ASK SAKURA ABOUT THIS EARLIER'.

'Are you okay' he asked me. 'Y-yeah I'm fine' i cursed myself for swearing. I sucked in my fears and looked him directly in the eye:

'by the way sorry for running away from you, what I was thinking about just got me... I don't know how to explain it'.

He nodded in understanding and moved seats so he was closer to me. He petted my head lightly and added chakra to the mix to soothe me.

It worked, his chakra was like the feeling of rain slowly trickling down my skin on a hot day. I sighed as he reached a certain spot.

He held my hand and basically dragged me to our room. I didn't put up a fight, i just kind off let it happen.

So here we are on the bed, as i lay on Yagura-sama's chest as he pets through my hair, i tried to fight it but slowly i fell asleep and the darkness consumed.

This feeling was nostalgic somehow, i wonder...

Flashback

I stood outside Yukino-sensei's tent, i had a bad dream and i was crying. I couldn't go back to sleep but i also didn't want to interrupt Yukino-sensei's slumber. She must of sensed someone outside because in a second she was in front of me.

'Who are you- Oh! Why are you crying Akane' she rushed to my side and i cried harder: 'I'm s-sorry i d-didn't mean to w-wake you up' i said in between my sobs. She smiled: 'there's no need to be sorry'. She led me inside the tent.

She positioned us so that she was lying down on the futon and i was placed on her in between her legs as she petted my head comfortingly.

I could feel her warm chakra flowing through me and i slowly fell asleep.

End flashback

He...he's just like her.

A/n

Heyyooo i want to say thank you aaaaal sooo much for 515 reads AND 25 votes WOOOO I'm hoping one day we can get to 1k. I wish all of you the best in these though times being stuck in quarantine and such, please stay safe.
Aaaaaaaaaand....

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS CHAPTER.