~Chapter Twenty-Six~

It had already been a few days since the fight against Deceit and Remus, and I still could not believe that we had stopped him. It was even harder to believe that Roman was back and safe. Well, not exactly safe.

We had been slowly making our way back to our house in the Light Realm, but Roman still hadn't woken up. Luckily he was still breathing, and several of his wounds had begun to heal. Hopefully, once we got back, Roman would have woken up. If not... would he ever return to normal?

I looked down at my hands, Deceit's blood standing out on my pale skin. I had almost killed him, and if it weren't for Roman, I would have. I don't know whether or not I should be thankful for that. There was no way of telling if Deceit would still try to carry out his plans to take over Thomas's mind. If he did, we would be ready.

Unfortunately, as Deceit left, he never returned me to my Light form, and I was still technically a Dark Side.

Patton, Logan, and I had checked with Thomas to make sure that he was alright, and he assured us that nothing was wrong. Logan, on the other hand, was now much stronger than before. But his powers were disappearing the further we got from the Edge of the Mind Space. Maybe those powers weren't meant to stay.

"Virgil, are you feeling well?" Logan asked. "I know that all of this must be difficult for you."

I nodded uncomfortably. I didn't want to focus on what had happened with Deceit. What I needed to pay attention to right now was Roman. He was my top priority. I had to make sure that he was okay.

"We can teleport back now," Patton said, stopping in front of us.

Logan sighed with relief and set down Roman, who he had been carrying since we left the edge. He was the strongest out of the three of us, so Patton and I had asked for him to carry the prince-like trait.

"We're on the border of the Light Realm now," I whispered. "We're finally home."

As the three of us looked far off into the distance, we could almost see the forest that surrounded our house. We were so close.

I leaned down beside Roman and took his hands in mine. "I'll take him back. You two go ahead without me."

"Okay," Patton smiled. "Come on, Loggy."

The two traits vanished as they teleported back home, leaving Roman and I alone.

"I'm standing on the borderline," I sang softly. "What should I bring or leave behind, from who I was, from who I'm gonna be?"

I smiled down at Roman sadly. "I'm standing on the borderline between two states; I'm petrified. To push ahead or turn back homewardly. I'm a shadow of the past."

Tears fell down my face, and I hastily wiped them away.

"Why am I wiping away my tears when you're sleeping, Ro? You can't see me," I laughed, still crying. "I just don't know what you'll say after all of this or if you'll ever accept me. You have no clue how much you mean to me... and I know that you'll never feel the same. The truth is, all of this has made me realize how much I like you. You'd hate me for that, but I can't push away these feelings."

With a sharp sigh, I teleported the two of us back home.

***

"Can you heal him, Virge?" Patton wondered, looking down at my hands thoughtfully.

Once Roman and I got back, Patton and Logan helped me bring the creative side back to his room. He was now lying on his bed, still asleep.

"I don't know, but I'll try my best."