~Chapter Eight~

I trudged down the stairs and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. It was already eleven in the morning but I still felt so tired. Thomas has told us the day before that we were filming a new video today so hopefully my tiredness wouldn't affect anything.

It had already been over a year since Roman and I had watched Alice in Wonderland together and not much had happened since. Sure we had our moments, and Deceit would continue to pop up occasionally but otherwise, things were still the same.

I heard the sound of Patton's laughter and Logan shouting at him.

"Patton! Give it back!" he demanded as the two of them ran past my room.

I got up from my bed and stepped outside to see what all of the commotion was about. I peered around the door frame and sure enough, there was Patton holding Logan's computer. The logical trait was much taller than him so he towered above Patton.

"Please return my computer to me. I would greatly appreciate it if you respected my privacy," Logan pleaded.

Patton grinned and shook his head. "Sorry, Lo-Lo. That's a no can do! You've been working all day and you need to take a break!"

"Fine, you win. If I spend time with you today, do you promise to return my computer?" the taller man sighed.

The dad-like trait agreed and clapped his hands together in delight.

"Hey, um... has anyone seen Roman?" I asked nervously, stepping over to the two traits.

Logan nodded and pointed to the door that led out into the MindSpace. It had been a few months since I had last gone outside, and I wasn't so sure if I wanted to go chase after the creative side.

"He's been gone for a few hours, so I think it's best if you go check on him," Logan suggested, as Patton latched onto his hand.

Patton whispered in his ear and a grin spread across the man's face.

The two of them quickly excused themselves and dashed off to the kitchen. Whatever they were going to do, so didn't want to be there to watch. They'd been acting strangely for a couple weeks now, leading for Roman and I to get suspicious.

I trudged down the stairs and stepped out the door into the cool, February breeze. We may be in Thomas's mind, but thanks to Roman and his creativity, he was able to create a whole other world outside of the house. Sometimes the weather would change because of how Roman was feeling, and today the weather was cloudy and cold.

After walking around for a bit, I saw the creative side conjuring up a wooden bench and sitting down in it. As I got closer, I began to hear the faint sound of him singing.

"I don't really care
You can keep the things we used to share
But what did you do with my heart?
What did you do with my heart?"

I was now only a few feet away and I could hear Roman clearly. I ransacked my brain, trying to think of what song he was singing, but nothing rung a bell.

"H-Hi, Roman," I said shyly as I sat down beside him. "What song was that? I didn't recognize it."

"That's because Thomas, Joan, and I have been working on it lately. What are you doing here?"

I stared off into the pale grey horizon and thought of how I could start the sentence.

Well, I came out here because I've been feeling weird around you lately and I don't know why!

I'm freaking out because Deceit is here and we've done nothing about it.

Sorry, Ro but I am really para—

"Hey, Virge? You okay? You've been quiet for a few minutes now," Roman said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Hm? Oh, yeah. I just came out here to see what you were doing."

Well shit. That went horribly wrong. You definitely don't sound like a stalker, Virgil.

Roman stared at me curiously before staring down at his hands. "Virgil, there's something that I want to talk about. I think that I might—"

Before he could finish the sentence, the two of us were summoned to Thomas's living room, causing me to groan in irritation. This was not the first time that this had happened. At this point, I doubted that this torture would stop.

"What do you want now, Thomas?" I asked, trying to shove away my thoughts about what Roman was about to say. "I was kind of trying to have a conversation with this clueless idiot over here." I pointed over at Roman who shot me a look of dissatisfaction. I mouthed the word 'sorry' to him before turning back to Thomas who looked terrible.

"Oh my goodness! Thomas, are you alright? What's wrong?" Patton exclaimed as he popped up beside me. "Oh! Hey, Virgey!"

Thomas sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "I've been really stressed lately." Four pairs of eyes glanced over at me for a brief second, causing me to clench my fists. It always had to be because of me. "The video is about to start so let's talk about it then."

***

"What the fuck, Roman?! Are you serious?" I screamed at the creative trait once the video was over.

"What do you mean? What did I do?"

"YOU TOOK HIS SIDE! After everything that that we've been through, you freaking took his side!"

Roman shook his head and returned my glare with one of his own. "Okay, Panic! At the Everywhere! I think that you can calm down for a second! You need to seriously calm yourself down because we went over this and I told you that I was sorry. Just let the whole 'Deceit Thing' go already. He's been around for a year and nothing has happened."

"Nothing has happened?" I cried, officially losing it. "Nothing? Has? Happened?! You have no idea what has happened! You weren't there when Deceit hurt me, you weren't there when I almost freaking died, Roman."

I slapped my hand over my mouth as Roman peered down at me with his eyes narrowed.

"Stop exaggerating so much. You're fine, Virgil," Roman insisted before disappearing off to his room.

Hot tears slid down my face, and I hurriedly wiped them away.

If Roman was no longer on my side, then I had to get to Logan and Patton before they left me as well.