~Chapter Five~

Deceit had just been summoned by Thomas, so it was time for the rest of us to figure out why he was here. The man had plenty of chances over the years, but if he waited this long, there had to be a reason.

"Alright, if we look at the past events that have occurred over—" Logan started.

"Why is Deceit here?" Patton interrupted in a whiny voice.

I slapped my hand to my face and looked over at him. Patton saw my harsh expression and quickly apologized to Logan so he could continue.

"Ahem. As I was saying, we should really—"

Roman stood up and gestured to me with his hands flailing around. "Shouldn't Virgil be the one to explain what he thinks? I mean, he was with him for who knows how long so he might have an idea."

Three pairs of eyes met mine as I thought of what to say. There wasn't much to tell them besides the fact that he might be here to bring me back to the Dark Sides. The only part that didn't make sense about that idea was that he could have done that long ago. There was so much more that Deceit was hiding and I was determined to find out what it was.

"My only guess is that he came here to get me but knowing him, it's a lot worse than that," I announced to the group.

"But, kiddo, you're so important and you mean so much to all of us! There's nothing worse than losing any of you," Patton cried, draping himself on top of me.

"Get off," I begged, trying to shove off the bawling man. "You're squishing me!"

After a moment, Patton slid off of my back and sat down beside me with a small smile. Logan coughed to get out attention, and we all looked up to see Deceit sashaying into the room.

"You were all having a meeting without me? Oh how exciting!" he said sarcastically.

"What do you want, Deceit?" I asked with a roll of my eyes.

The man laughed evilly and backed me into the wall. "To see you again, of course. "

I shoved him away as Logan, Roman, and Patton flew to my side. "Yeah, bitch and I'm the queen of England."

Deceit scoffed and swished his cape behind him as he marched off towards his room.

What else does he have in mind?

"Hey, Virge. You doing okay?" Roman asked with concern as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

I nodded and told him that I was going to go back to my room to calm down. After everything that happened today, all I wanted to do was listen to music and try to fall asleep. Maybe even look at Tumblr if I was that desperate to get my mind off of things.

I told the others where I was going before heading off down the hall. Just as I rounded the corner, a dark shadow latched onto my arm and threw me into my room. I fell to the floor, and my head crashed into the side of my nightstand.

"Ow!" I hissed as my vision became fuzzy. "What the hell?!"

The shadowy figure emerged and slammed the door shut. With a snap, the lock clicked, trapping us both inside. As the dark figure got closer, I was able to see who it was.

"Deceit."

"That's my name, don't wear it out," he said, shifting into the form of Patton.

I sat up, rubbing my head to get rid of the pain. "What do you want? You obviously didn't come here for me."

"Oh, I came here for you, Virgil. I also came for a few... other reasons." Now he was Logan with his neatly combed back hair and his glasses. "If you really want to know, you'll have to pay a price."

"What's the price?"

Suddenly, Deceit changed forms again from Logan to Roman. "Oh wouldn't you love to know. Although, I may have to keep it a secret for a bit longer."

The stars on my ceiling vanished, plunging the two of us in darkness. There was no way to tell where Deceit had gone, so I had no choice but to find him myself. I couldn't let him escape into the rest of the mind space without the others knowing. This had happened once before and... I couldn't let that happen again.

"Come out, Deceit!" I yelled into the darkness. "There's no use hiding if I already know that your'e—Ahh!"

I let out a muffled scream as a gloved hand covered my mouth.

Deceit cackled and whispered into my ear. "I'll be back for you, Virgil."

The stars reappeared, and the room lit up once more. When I looked around for the deceptive trait, he was nowhere to be found. I was alone.