~Halloween Special~

Dim the lights, get a black cat, and draw a pentagram on your face as it's time for Halloween, I thought to myself. It's time for spoopy season.

I made my way down the stairs and found that Logan, Patton, and Roman were already in the living room waiting for me.

Patton was standing near the window wearing what looked like a giant sun on his head and white and yellow clothes. Roman stood beside the television wearing an outfit that looked like it was straight out of the eighteenth century meanwhile Logan was sitting down in one of the chairs in the dining room. As I looked closer, I was able to see that he was dressed up in a white lab coat and his hair was spray-painted different colors.

"Oh my goodness!" Patton exclaimed. "You both look amazing! What are you dressed up as?"

"Alexander Hamilton, bitch!" Roman rapped.

"I was not exactly sure as of who I am supposed to be, but I suppose that I could be what you would call a 'mad scientist'", Logan stated with a shrug.

Patton squealed with delight and looked over at where I usually sat on the stairs. "Wait. Where is Virgil?"

Roman and Logan looked over at my spot which was still empty.

"Maybe he's still getting ready," Roman suggested.

The others nodded their heads and began talking about their plans for the festive day. Little did they know, I was standing in the room with them without them knowing.

"Hey, guys. What's up?" I asked from the stairs.

Patton, Logan, and Roman screamed, turning to face where I was sitting.

"V-Virgil? Where are you? I can't see you," Roman stammered, clinging to Patton's arm with fear.

I laughed and snapped my fingers, letting myself become visible to the three sides. "Last time you three said that I wasn't scary so I decided to try a different trick this year. Happy Halloween!"

I looked down at the costume that I had been working on and smiled. Sure it wasn't a scary costume like before, but it was something that I loved.

"OH MY GOD!" Roman yelled. "You're Jack Skelington!"

The young man did what looked like a happy dance and rushed over to me so he could admire my costume. Roman circled around me with glee as he peered at all of the intricate designs that I had made on the suit.

"Ok, I think that's enough, Sir-Sing-A-Lot," I said leading him back to his spot.

"But why? You look so cool!" He whined.

I backed away nervously at the compliment and thanked the white makeup on my face for hiding my blush.

"Ooh!" Patton exclaimed. "I forgot to tell everyone that I bought a giant bag of candy for today!"

Roman cheered while Logan sighed and muttered that too much candy was bad for your teeth and health. I smiled at the dad-like trait and told him that getting candy was a great idea since we couldn't really go trick-or-treating.

As the four of us made our way to the kitchen, I looked at all of our shadows which formed into one as we stepped into the kitchen.

"Taste the darkness," I said quietly.

***

"Taste the darkness, Virgil. It's delicious," Deceit whispered into my ear.

I gave him a look of confusion before stepping over to his shadow and licked it.

"What the fuck?" Remus asked as he waltzed into the room. "That's pretty—"

"Shut up now or I will literally kill you," Deceit interrupted, his face dark and serious.

"It tastes good," I said quietly.

"That's what she said," Remus cackled as Deceit turned to him and began to chase him around the house.

"Shut up, Remus!"

"I like the darkness..." I said, looking over at my shadow.

***

"What was that?" Roman asked with a confused expression.

"Oh, it's nothing," I replied with a weak smile.
The prince could tell that something was wrong at an instant so he took my hand in his and said that we could talk about it later. I nodded, shocking myself for trusting him with something like this. I wasn't someone who trusted people easily, especially after everything that happened when I was a Dark Side.

The two of us entered the kitchen to get a bowl of candy and acted as if nothing had happened.
"Come on, guys!" Patton chirped, handing Roman and I orange bowls with black bats on them. "Next we can watch scary movies!"

Logan turned towards the shorter man. "You spoke to me before that you disliked movies that were in the horror genre. Was that not the truth?"

Patton's face turned white with worry. "Um... Since it's Halloween, I thought it would be fun!"

Logan nodded and followed Patton back to the living room while Roman and I stayed behind.
"So what was all of that about?"

"The fact that Logan and Patton are obviously together or when I froze up?" Roman shot me a look saying that I knew what he was talking about. "It's always hard trying to fit in with the rest of you since I lived with the others for so long. You all have your traditions that I'm still trying to get used to. Halloween was basically every day for me. Dark, terrifying, and I would always be pretending to be something that I wasn't. Some things are still the same."

"I know that it's been hard for you. You were stuck with them for most of Thomas's life and being trapped in a place like that.." Roman trailed off. "I'm here for you whenever you have a hard time, okay?"

I nodded. "We should probably go to the living room now."

Roman slung his arm around my shoulder with a grin and together we made our way to the smiling couple on the couch.

Happy Halloween, y'all! (seriously, I'm not southern) I hope that you liked it and thank you for 1K! Until next week...Bye!