~Chapter Nine~

"Patton! Logan!" I called out, racing around the house trying to find the two men.

I had been searching all day, but I had no luck. If I didn't find them soon, then Deceit would.

***

Deceit's POV

The video was finally over so I had to find Virgil. I had already taken care of Roman, so there was no way that he could interrupt us now.

As I rounded the corner at the top of the stairs, I saw him. Virgil was staring down at the floor, sadly as he made his way back from wherever he had been before I had found him.

I coughed quietly to get his attention, and shifted myself to look like Roman.

Virgil's eyes narrowed as he glared at me with disgust. Whatever Roman had done, the anxious side was not happy with that.

"What the fuck, Roman?! Are you serious?" he roared.

"What do you mean? What did I do?" I asked cluelessly, changing my voice to sound more like the creative trait's.

"YOU TOOK HIS SIDE! After everything that that we've been through, you freaking took his side!"

I shook my head, trying to act as if the man had done nothing of the sort. Little did Virgil know, but Roman had not been the one to do that. That was all a part of my many hidden secrets. One of which was to control the mind.

"Okay, Panic! At the Everywhere! I think that you can calm down for a second! You need to seriously calm yourself down because we went over this and I told you that I was sorry. Just let the whole 'Deceit Thing' go already. He's been around for a year and nothing has happened," I shot back, hiding my excitement. Everything was going perfectly.

"Nothing has happened?" Virgil cried, insanity creeping it's way out. "Nothing has happened?! You have no idea what has happened! You weren't there when Deceit hurt me, you weren't there when I almost freaking died, Roman."

He instantly placed his hand over his mouth with a gasp at what he had just said.

I glared down at him and snarled.

If Roman had been the one hearing this, he would have taken Virgil's side for sure. All along, he had been telling the others these pitiful lies to keep himself safe. Did he really think that I was the one hurting him?

Sorry, sweet little Virgil, but it was the other way around. You were the one that made me this way, and I am just getting started.

***

Virgil's POV

Just as I closed the door to the MindSpace behind me, I saw the grey shape of Patton's hoodie dart behind the kitchen counter.

"Patton, thank goodness that you're here," I sighed with relief.

"Virgil?" He asked, poking his head around the tan column next to him. "Oh my gosh! Virgey, you're crying! What's wrong?" The smaller man rushed over to me and pulled me into a hug.

I sniffed and held back the tears that were threatening to come out of my eyes. "I need you're help, Pat. We need to trap Deceit back in the dark part of the Mindscape again. Please, you have to do this for me."

Patton backed away from me and looked into my eyes. "I know that he was horrible to you, but trap him back in that awful place? I've seen it before after what happened last time, and it's so scary! Maybe we can take him somewhere else."

I wiped my eyes with the back of my hoodie sleeves and stared at Patton sadly. "What if he comes back again? What if they come out too? We can't risk it."

"I'll talk about it with Logan and Ro—"

"No! Not Roman! I don't think that we can trust him anymore. There's something that I need to explain."

***

"Oh, I understand now," Patton said. "We'll go talk to Logan right now, okay?"

I nodded my head and we both knocked on his door together.

The door to the logical trait's room creaked open as Logan welcomed us inside. Patton and I stepped into the calming, blue room and sat down on the man's bed.

"Is something wrong? Since Roman is not present, I am going to assume that this has something to do with him. Am I correct?" Logan guessed.

"Yes," Patton replied for me. "Virgil suggested to me that we put Deceit back in the dark area of the MindSpace, but I'm not so sure about that idea. I told him that we could try putting him somewhere else instead."

Logan's eyes widened and sat down at his desk to think. Several minutes went by before the man finally spoke up. "Where exactly do you have in mind, Patton?"