~Chapter Eleven~

"Virgil, are you alright?" Logan asked as he marched into Patton's room.

"Deceit has Roman, and it's all my fault," I said, staring up at him with tears in my eyes.

"Well, certainly it's not your fault. Deceit's actions may be cruel and harsh, but they have nothing to do with what you've done," the logical trait stated.

No one will ever trust you after everything that you've done. They still don't know what happened during all of those years with the Dark Sides.

I shook my head, trying to clear all of the horrible thoughts that were leaking into my brain. No matter how hard I tried, they continued to make their way through.

They will never know how you almost killed Thomas.

Patton facepalmed and groaned at his friend, interrupting me from my thoughts. "Logan, as much as you want to help, I don't think that made Virgil feel any better."

He had no idea what I had done. Neither did Logan. If the three of them knew, they would put me back in that horrible place again, and this time, they wouldn't let me back out.

I stood up, startling both Patton and Logan, and stormed out of the room. The door slammed shut behind me as a strong gust of wind blew into our home.

"What the hell?"

I looked around for what would have caused the strange gust of wind, but the house was the same as it was earlier. I took a step towards the front door, and the floor beneath my feet began to shake. I yelped as the ground cracked open in various places, rapidly spreading across the room to other cracks.

"Patton! Logan!" I cried out. "Help— Ah!"

The floor cracked open where I was standing, and I tumbled through into a deep hole.

Air rushed past me as I fell downwards into the hole beneath the house. I screamed as I peered down at the endless black abyss below me.

The light from the house was disappearing more and more by the second, soon vanishing completely. Now that I was submerged in darkness, there was nothing that I could do.

Teleporting out was no use unless I was in the house or if I was summoned by Thomas. Both of which were a bit difficult to access at that moment.

As I continued to fall, I began to wonder if I would ever reach the bottom. Would I just keep falling forever? Would I ever get to see Roman again? Roman. I would never be able to save him. I would never be able to tell him how I felt. He would be stuck in that cold, dark cell until Deceit finally had enough or if he died...

"No!" I yelled into the darkness.

I began to fall faster, and I squeezed my eyes shut. I could hear the air rushing past; it was even louder than before. The next thing I knew, I was lying down on freezing cold ice.

I hopped up but fell down again almost instantly.

"Damn this slippery ice," I muttered under my breath. "Where am I anyway?"

A light seemed to be streaming through the ice; otherwise, everything else was still pitch black. The ice stretched on for what seemed like forever, so running across to land was out of the option. There had to be some other way to get out of here. I was still in the MindSpace of course, but I had never seen this part of it before.

There was a tremendous cracking sound from underneath my feet, and I looked down. Sure enough, the ice was breaking apart, and I fell down into the dark blue water beneath the ice.

It was so cold at first that I couldn't feel anything, but all too soon, I was able to feel the shockingly cold water. It was colder than anything that I had ever felt before.

Just a few feet above me was the crack that I had fallen through so I swam upwards as fast as I could. I pressed my hands above my head to pull myself out, but instead of my hands reaching the air, all I felt was water and ice. The ice had frozen over.

No, no, no. This can't be happening. I'm going to die down here, I panicked.

I began to pound my hands against the frozen ice above me. My hands soon became bruised, and several cuts leaked out bright red blood from jagged pieces of ice. I winced from the pain but continued to punch the frozen wall over my head.

After another minute or two, I realized that there was no hope. My eyes were clouding up, and my mind was beginning to spin.

I reached out for the sheet of ice above me as I sunk down into the icy depths of the water.

I'm sorry, Roman. I can't do it.

Suddenly, the ice began to break apart once more and floated up into the darkness. My vision was so blurry that all I saw were chunks of white rising up into the air, and soon after the water began to do the same.

My lungs were burning as I kicked my legs faster and faster. My mind was completely empty, besides one thought.

You have to save Roman. You have to save Roman. You have to save Roman.

I repeated that sentence over and over until I finally reached the surface. I gasped for air and smiled as I was able to breathe again. Almost a second later, I noticed that the world had somehow flipped upside down. I fell down through the air along with the chunks of ice and water droplets.

Seconds went by until I finally reached solid ground. My eyes slowly began to focus on the world around me, as I realized where I was.

I was in the realm of the Dark Sides.