~Chapter Ten~

Roman's POV

"Virgil, Patton, Logan! Help me!" I screamed at the top of my lungs in the cold, dark cell. "Is anyone there?"

Deceit had appeared out of nowhere just after Thomas had finished the video and he had tugged me around the corner into this place. The entire room was pitch black, making it impossible to tell where the walls were, and whenever I spoke, there was always an echo.

How long have I been in here? A few minutes? A few hours? Oh God, have I been in here for days?

If I was here and Deceit was back in the MindPalace, he was sure to be doing something terrible to Virgil.

Realizing what could be happening back home, I tugged harder on the chains on my wrists and ankles. Maybe if I pulled enough, they would break and I would be able to get out of this one place.

"Don't worry, Virgil! I'm going to find you!" I yelled into the darkness.

After a few seconds, a voice echoed back that didn't sound like my own. "Oh you have nothing to worry about, Roman. Virgil is perfectly fine."

"Deceit, what do you want? Why am I here?"

The man cackled from somewhere in the shadows and replied that is was all part of his plan.

"Plan for what, you disgusting snake?!" I roared back, my anger building up inside of me.

Seconds went by before Deceit emerged in front of me. "That's none of your concern." Just as he appeared, Deceit snapped his fingers and vanished.

"Get back here! Let me out!" I cried as I sunk to my knees. "Virgil, I'm so sorry..."

***

Virgil's POV

"Where exactly do you have in mind, Patton?" Logan asked, his face empty of all emotions.

The smaller man stared down at the floor. "We could put them where we trapped them last time."

I felt the blood drain from my face as Patton looked back up at us. He couldn't have just said that. There was no way that he was going to make me see that place again. Not after what happened before.

"Patton, that is out of the question. We are not going to return to that place, regardless of how well protected it is," Logan said. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw his fingers began to twitch ever so slightly.

"But, Logan—"

"I said no!" He snapped, standing up from his chair. "You will not go anywhere near that place! Do you hear me?"

Patton began to cry, and he ran out of the room in fear, leaving Logan and I alone.

"I should go," I whispered. "I think it's best if I- What the heck, Logan?!"

The man had grabbed onto both of my wrists and yanked me towards him. His eyes were both bright yellow for just a moment before returning back to brown. Logan let go of me, and backed away.

"I don't know what came over me. I am very sorry about that, Virgil."

"W-What? Are y-you... okay?"

Logan shook his head and sighed. "I should go to Patton and try to work things out with him."

I waved goodbye and dashed out of the room as I began hyperventilating.

Something like that had never happened before. He was never able to control someone without becoming them. Had Deceit gotten stronger? If that was the case, then did that mean that he already had one of the sides? Which one? Not Logan, because he was acted like himself afterwards. Deceit wouldn't dare to bring up that place, so I couldn't be Patton. So that meant...

"Roman! Oh my god. What have I done?" I gasped.

Roman was somewhere in Deceit's realm, trapped and afraid. It had only been a day since Thomas's video, so he hadn't been there for too long. Once a couple weeks past, that's when you started to go crazy, and I wouldn't let that happen to him. I wouldn't let him become like his brother.

Wiping away a few stray tears, I made my way to Patton's room. When I reached the door, I saw that it was already partially open.

"Oh no. No, no, no. Patton, please be in there," I worried, stepping inside.

I sighed with relief as I noticed the young man sitting down on his bed, his back facing me.

"You alright, Patton?"

The dad-like trait turned his head around and smiled. His eyes began to glow a strange gold color, illuminating his face in the dark room.

"Hello, Virgil," a creepy, distorted voice said. It seemed as if Patton was saying it, but the voice sounded nothing like his. "Did you finally realize why I came here? Do you know what I did to Roman?"

With a flash of light, an image of Roman appeared on the wall next to me. He was screaming and sobbing on the floor, pulling on the chains that were snaking their way across his body.

"Let him go! You're hurting him!" I yelled at Patton.

"So it's okay for you to hurt me? You may think that I was the one doing that to you, but you have it the other way around," the voice said.

The yellow light in Patton's eye slowly faded away, revealing the light brown color underneath.

"Virgil?" He asked. "What's going on?"

I sunk down to the floor and sobbed into my hands. Roman was hurting and it was all my fault. If I had never left the Dark Sides, then this never would have happened. Patton would be safe, and so would Logan and Roman. I had to fix what I had started.