~Chapter Four~

"So what was with that whole 'Prince Charming' thing?" Roman asked with a smirk.

I playfully shoved him away as we walked down the hall way together. "It was nothing so chill, Princey."

"Sure, Virgil." he said with a grin. "Anyways, we should probably go check on Thomas to see if he's feeling better."

I agreed just as we were both summoned once more. The area around is adjusted to the young man's living room, and I saw that Patton and Logan were there as well.

I wonder what we would be talking about today...

***

"Come on, guys, let's not give up now!" Patton said. "Thomas, you don't want to make Joan mad at you, do you?"

Thomas looked down at his feet. "No, I don't. But I feel like I would be mad or disappointed in myself if I were to lie to them about this."

"You won't if it's done correctly," Patton replied with a smile. "Right, Roman?"

What? This didn't seem like him at all. Why would he be suggesting for Thomas to lie?

I glanced over at Roman and Logan, who both seemed to be confused as well. Patton would never say anything like this. Something was wrong. Very wrong.

"I don't know, I-I think Thomas is right. When people go to see a show, they know that it's just a show!" Roman said, glancing over at Logan for support.

Logan nodded at Roman's statement. "Yes. Whenever a person purchased a ticket for a show, there's an unspoken agreement between the showrunner and the person that what they're seeing isn't actually going on before them."

A look of worry spread across Patton's face as he turned to face me. "Virgil, buddy. I know you weren't too keen on it at first, but come on! Could you stand to lose the support of one of Thomas's friends?"

"Well yeah, they make me feel more at ease, but Thomas's lying would make me more uneasy. And anyone that doesn't understand that should just shut up!"

Patton looked taken aback by my sudden outburst. "Virgil, it's me! Aren't we friends?"

"I'm not so sure that we are," I mumbled.

Patton's eyes widened, and he gestured to Thomas with worry. "Thomas, I know this sounds backward, but sometimes lying is good!"

Roman shook his head at the dad-like trait. "Um. I know that you said before—"

"I know what I said! It doesn't matter. In this situation, it is the right thing to do," Patton fired back.

"Patton, no. You're wrong on this one, buddy. What I need to do is accept the true course of action," Thomas explained. "If I've made a mistake, it's better for me to own up to it. I need to tell the truth, and it might hurt to do that. But whatever happens, happens."

Patton rolled his eyes with a groan. "Wow, I'm so proud of you, Thomas. You're so mature."

"I knew something smelled fishy here," I snarled at Patton.

"I also smell it. I told Thomas to take the trash out," Logan sighed.

I shook my head and glanced over at Patton once more. "No, it does smell bad, but I was talking about Patton."

Logan opened is mouth to say more, but with a flick of his wrist, Patton forced him to slap his hand over his mouth. Roman met my worried gaze as he realized what this meant. Thomas, on the other hand, was both concerned and confused.

I pushed away my fear as I speak me up to the group. I explained to Thomas that there were sides that he still didn't know about, but if he was open to it, he would be able to learn about them.

"In other words," Roman shrugged. "Would you like to learn something new about yourself, Thomas?"

Thomas looked around the room with uncertainty and said that he wasn't sure.

"Ooh! I don't know either! You might not like what you find!" Patton said devilishly.

"Alright, tell me!" Thomas begged.

"Deceit!" Logan yelled as Patton shifted into the form of the deceptive trait.

He was back, and there was nothing that we could do to stop him. He was Deceit after all.

***

"Roman, he's back. What do we do?" I asked as I stared up into his soft, brown eyes.

He looked away from me and stared down the hall at Deceit who was peering down at Patton and Logan with a wide grin.

"I-I'm not so sure, Virgil. If I come up with something, I'll make sure to tell you. Right now, I think we should help those two," he whispered back.

I nodded, and the two of us made our way towards the man I had escaped not even two years ago. Whatever was to happen next, I would never be able to prepare for it.