~Chapter Thirteen~

Patton's POV

"Virgil?" I called down the deep hole in the middle of the living room. "Are you okay, buddy?"

There was no answer, just like the dozens of times that I had tried earlier. The anxious trait had fallen down there and there was nothing that I did to save him. I felt horrible.

"Logan, I'm scared. What if he's hurt? Oh my goodness... WHAT IF HE DIED?!" I cried into Logan's shoulder.

I felt a soft hand on my face and I looked up at my friend.

"I am sure that Virgil will be safe. For now we should wait and see what happens," the logical side said, showing no emotions. If he was worried about the young man, I couldn't tell.

Just as I turned my head away from Logan, I saw a yellowish gleam in his eyes. Surely I was just seeing things. He couldn't possibly be here, could he?

"Um, Lo-Lo?" The man turned to face me. "A-are you feeling alright?"

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I? Everything is gonna be fine, Patton."

That was it.

"Deceit, leave my friend alone," I demanded.

"Oh whatever do you mean? I'm just Logan, not that mean, evil snake! Why would you ever think such a thing?" Deceit said through Logan.

I stood up so I was staring down at my poor, possessed friend. "Deceit, I am going to tell you one more time. Get. Out. Of. Logan!"

"And what if I don't?"

"I don't think that you want to find out."
Deceit chuckled as Logan's eyes became glowing suns. "Oh, I think that I do."

Logan's body made its way towards me and stopped just a few inches from my face. "It would be a shame if something were to happen to you. Especially if you accidentally fell down this hole!"

With a light shove, I tripped over the small ledge behind me and toppled over into the hole in the living room.

I screamed as I tumbled through the darkness and faded out of consciousness.

***

Virgil's POV

"Fine. I'll do it," I said, trying to hide the fear in my voice.

Deceit and Remus grinned at me.

"You made the right decision. Remus, please leave Virgil and I for a moment," Deceit said to the Duke.

Remus nodded and faded into dark green mist in front of me. With the disgusting prince-like man out of the way, all I had to do was get past Deceit and find Roman.

"Hey, De. Since I'm back, can I fix some things up in here? You know, like add some new posters and stuff?" I asked.

The man nodded and told he he was going to the MindSpace for a bit before vanishing. As he did, the chains that were patched around me dissolved as well.

Now that I was finally freed of my chains, I was able to roam freely around the Dark Side's home. If I wasn't summoned any time soon, I would have plenty of time to find Roman and get us out of this place. The only thing that would get in my way was Remus, Deceit, or one of the others that had somehow noticed that I had returned.

Since I had left the Dark Sides years ago, there could be various new sides here that I had never met. The possibilities were endless and I had no intention of meeting any of them.

My first stop would be Remus's room since he and Roman were brothers after all. I had only been there once before and it was more terrifying than all of the Dark Sides combined. And that was saying a lot. Remus was one of the more... disgusting sides due to his inappropriate personality. Luckily, Patton and Logan had never had the unfortunate of meeting him and I hoped that they never would.

When I was younger, Deceit was the only side that I knew. Remus would not come along for a few more years since Thomas never had any of 'those' thoughts until he was older. For quite some time, it was just Deceit and I.

Back then, the deceptive trait was nothing like he is now and the only lies that he told were that he didn't sneak the last cookie. Sometimes I wished that he could still be the same innocent Deceit that he was all of those years ago. Unfortunately, those times came to an end after a few years. After that, I wasn't able to trust him with anything which led me to get hurt. Maybe I could have done something to save him. It was too late now so wishing for that was pointless. Deceit was too far gone for that.

As I poked my head into Remus's room, my nose became overwhelmed with the scent of rotting flesh.

I slammed the door shut and backed away.

"What the hell does he have in there?!" I asked myself.

Roman would never be in there. The Dark Sides may hate him, but no one here would be cruel enough to trap him in Remus's room.

If he wasn't there, it was time to check Deceit's room. I was nowhere near being ready to go back in there, especially after what happened before. There was no way that I could see that place again.

Are you just going to leave Roman in there?

Are you going to let him die?

No one would ever have to know about this.

No. I was going to save Roman.

"Only because of how you feel."

My eyes widened and I turned around to see another one of Deceit's snakes.

"Get away you creepy smoke thing," I said, stomping down on the snake's head.

With a puff of yellow smoke, the snake vanished and I crept inside of the room that still haunted my nightmares.

Inside, it was just as dark and empty as it was before. No wonder why Deceit went crazy. If I was living in a place like this, I would too. Luckily, I wasn't trapped in here for too long or I might have... Nevermind. It wasn't important. I needed to focus on saving Roman before it was too late.

I opened the door to Deceit's closet and saw the same dark passageway that led to where Deceit had kept me. I made my way through the hallway and stepped out into the endless prison. A faint rattling sound that came from in front o me sent me sprinting towards it.

"Roman?" I called out. "Roman, coming for you!"

As I got closer to the sound I saw the red sash that he always wore, ripped and shredded on the floor. I rushed past it and continued through the darkness.

Suddenly, the black surrounding me became a dark grey, helping me to see the unconscious creative trait. He still had the chains wrapped around him but I would be able to get them off with ease.

"Roman! Roman, I'm here!" I cried.

I was only a few steps away when I felt something tugging me upwards. I was being summoned by Thomas.

No, not when I've gotten so far!

"Roman!"

Just as I reached him, I was summoned to Thomas's living room and away from the man that I was trying to save.