~Chapter Two~

"Oh my god, Patton those cookies were amazing," Roman said as he finished the last of the sweet treats on the plate.

"Thanks for saving some," a sarcastic voice said from behind me, making me freeze in shock.

"Roman! I told you to save some for Logan!" Patton screeched from behind the counter.

I groaned and rested my head on the table. This was why I didn't like social interaction.

While the three sides argued over cookies and sharing, I crept out of the kitchen and back to my room. It would be quieter in there without everyone yelling about things. For some reason that had been happening more and more frequently.

I reached out for my headphones so I could listen to My Chemical Romance when I was summoned.

My surroundings changed from black and grey to light brown. I was standing on the stairs facing Thomas, who was curled up on his couch. He looked up at me with an irritated frown.

"What's wrong?"

Thomas sighed dramatically and flopped back onto the fluffy couch. "Something feels... off. I don't really know what it is so I thought that you might have an idea."

It wasn't much to work with, but I had to try. My job was to make Thomas worried about what choices to make and how he should live his life. Hopefully, he wouldn't call any of the others.

"Roman, thank goodness you're here. I need your help," I heard Thomas say.

I glanced up and saw the creative trait waving his sword around as he was summoned. He had a wide grin on his face until he saw me.

"Ugh! Why is he here?" he whined, pointing towards me with disgust.

The young man explained what was wrong as quickly as he could and told Roman that he should try to be a little bit nicer to me. I thanked Thomas and sat down on the stairs with a feeling of confidence.

I had been getting more anxious lately due to the dreams that I had been having. Not only that, but the other sides seemed to be disagreeing with each other much more than they did in the past. All of this might be connected in some way to Thomas's emotions, or it might have to do with something entirely different.

"We have been getting in more fights lately," I mumbled. "Also, I've been having some... uh, strange dreams as well about before."

A look of concern spread across Roman's face before being replaced with the same irritated from earlier.

He rolled his eyes dramatically as he said, "So just because you're having some weird dreams or something doesn't mean that it has to do with this. You aren't a Dark Side anymore so just get over it already."

I backed away from the two men as tears appeared in the corners of my eyes. They had no idea what I had been through for all those years. They couldn't even be able to comprehend how horrible it was in the dark area of the mind space.

I teleported myself back to my room and curled up on my bed. They would never understand me, and they would never trust me either. No matter how hard I tried, nothing would ever work. I was useless. There was no reason for someone like me to be here.

Silent tears fell down my face as I lifted my hands over my eyes. My heartbeat began to speed up, and my eyes shot open.

"No, no, no, no, no," I whispered. "Not right now."

I sat up, and frantically looked around at the darkness that seemed to be closing in all around me. It had been at least two days since my last panic attack. Now was definitely not the time, but there wasn't much that I could do.

You're useless!

The only thing that you do is hurt others!

I sobbed into my hands and fell to the cold, wooden floor.

What was the breathing trick that I learned? In for four, hold for seven, and out for eight.

I repeated the breathing pattern until I stopped panicking. My heartbeat slowed down to its natural rate, and I stood up.

Unfortunately, I stood up too quickly, and I fell down once more.

My vision turned black as I faded into unconsciousness.

***

I woke up and stared at my clock with a frown. It was already 4:30, and no one had come to check on me. Most likely because the others despised having to go anywhere near my room. Patton was the only one who would go inside.

Usually, I would visit the other sides around this time, but I already saw Patton today. Roman was the last one that I wanted to see, and the moment so I guess it was Logan's turn. He and Patton tended to stick up for me when Roman picked on me so he might understand.

I put on the hood of my black hoodie and crept across the hall to Logan's room. He would most likely be working at his desk or organizing his bookshelf like he did on most afternoons.

I knocked on the door, and it swung open.

"Hey, Logan," I said as I stepped inside. "Whatcha doing?"

Logan's eyebrows raised in confusion. "I'm doing well. You don't tend to show interest in how people are feeling. Are you alright?

I looked down at my feet, avoiding the man's concerned gaze.

"Is it about him?" My eyes grew wide, and I stared in shock at the logical side. How did he know?

"If you are wondering how I knew, it was quite obvious to tell by the way that you've been acting. You will be fine, Virgil. The possibility of him coming back is highly unlikely."

I sighed and leaned against the wall next to Logan's desk. "I know, it's just... what if he does? He could do anything!" A shiver ran down my spine as I thought of the dream that I had the night before.

Logan stood up and made his way over to me.
"If he does come back, we will all be here to stop him," he said, resting his hand on my shoulder.

I smiled weakly before shuffling out of the man's room. I closed the door as Logan returned to his work. I spun around, bumping into something soft. My eyes drifted upwards, and I gasped.

It was Roman.