~Virgil's Birthday/MCR Special~

December 19, 2019

Virgil's POV

I woke up late on the morning of December 19th. It was already eleven in the morning, so it was almost time for lunch. Not like I was even hungry anyway.

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and tugged my My Chemical Romance hoodie over my head. It was only about a month and a half ago when I learned that they were getting back together to do a concert tomorrow.

When I had learned about the reunion concert, I had sat on the floor and cried tears of joy for hours. Patton was thrilled to see that I was happy, and Logan and Roman were confused about why I was crying for so long. Neither of them understood my obsession with the band.

I trudged down the stairs and into the kitchen. It was empty.

Huh? Where is everyone?

I made my way outside and screamed as Patton, Logan, and Roman all jumped at me with black and purple balloons.

"Happy Birthday!" they all cried in unison, scaring the hell out of me.

Oh right. I forgot that was today, I thought to myself.

Patton threw himself on top of me, giggling with glee. "Surprise, kiddo! Ro, give him his present!"

Roman stepped over awkwardly and thrust out a black envelope. "Uh. H-Here you go, Virge. Happy Birthday."

I took it from his hands, all the while watching him with concern. I peeled back the flap and pulled out a card that Patton had made.

On it was a drawing of Logan, Roman, Patton, and I jumping up in the air, the sky filled with purple confetti and streamers. On the inside of the card, it read, "Happy Birthday, Virgil! We all love our dark emo friend! Have an amazing day, and tomorrow will hopefully be just as incredible!" Below were the signatures of the three sides.

I smiled softly and thanked them for the card. However, the enormous grin on Patton's face said that there was more. I peered down into the envelope again and saw four small slips of paper at the bottom. I picked them up and read the dark font.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD!" I screamed. "YOU ACTUALLY MANAGED TO GET THESE?!"

Patton clapped his hands together, nodding his head. Logan smiled at me, obviously not understanding my obsession with this. Roman was blushing madly and was trying as hard as he could to avoid looking at me. Logan began to explain that the gift was Roman's idea, but Roman signaled for him to stop talking.

"Thanks, Roman," I said, still smiling. This was the most incredible thing that had ever happened to me.

***
December 20th, 2019

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I AM ACTUALLY HERE!" I yelled over the music.

Roman was the only one that heard.

Patton and Logan were too busy dancing together to the song.

"I know that you love their music, so I stayed up really late so I could get the tickets," he replied.

"Roman, I want to tell you something."

"Go ahead!"

"Roman, I—" I tried to say as I was interrupted as the band began to play a new song.

I screeched, scaring the hell out of everyone around me, but then again, they were all excited too.

They're gonna clean up your looks
With all the lies in the books
To make a citizen out of you
Because they sleep with a gun
And keep an eye on you, son
So they can watch all the things you do

Because the drugs never work
They're gonna give you a smirk
'Cause they got methods of keepin' you clean
They gonna rip up your heads
Your aspirations to shreds
Another cog in the murder machine

They said all
Teenagers scare
The living shit out of me
They could care less
As long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes
Or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone
But not me

The boys and girls in the clique
The awful names that they stick
You're never gonna fit in much, kid
But if you're troubled and hurt
What you got under your shirt
Will make them pay for the things that they did

They said all
Teenagers scare
The living shit out of me
They could care less
As long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes
Or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone
But not me

Oh yeah

They said all
Teenagers scare
The living shit out of me
They could care less
As long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes
Or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone
But not me

All together now

Teenagers scare
The living shit out of me
They could care less
As long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes
Or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone
But not me

Teenagers scare
The living shit out of me
They could care less
As long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes
Or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone
But not me

I smiled over at Roman, and I was surprised to see him smiling back at me.

Oh well. I guess it could wait until another time.

For now, I just wanted to dance to my favorite band with the people that I cared about.

After all, it was My Chemical Romance.

MCR is back and Happy Birthday, Virgil! See y'all again soon! (I'm not Southern, please stop)