~Chapter Twenty-Five~

"Then fight me."

Deceit laughed in my face and looked back at Remus like it was a shock to see me reacting this way. He turned back to face me.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" He asked. "You're going to fight me, and you think that you'll be able to win? You're insane."

"Maybe I am," I deadpanned, swirling purple mist through my fingertips.

The deceptive trait's face was emotionless as he stepped backward. "You want a fight? Then you'll get one."

Remus hopped up and down with glee, waving his mace around his head. He seemed to be thrilled to fight again. It had probably been years since he's gotten to use that thing.

Patton, Logan, and Roman were all watching me in confusion. Once this was all over, they would be glad that I was fighting them. It was better if Deceit and Remus died then them. This had better work.

Deceit summoned a dozen snakes that all leap out from the palms of his hands. Remus grew long tentacles that swept through the air all around him. They looked even more terrifying once they used their powers, but that didn't stop me.

I summoned all of the power that I could, feeling a searing pain in my head from doing so. I really shouldn't be doing this, but it was worth it if I could save Roman. I had to do this.

"Come on, guys. We can do this," I said to Patton and Logan.

The two men nodded, summoning two swords. They were surprisingly good at handling them since Roman had trained us all to fight in case if a dragon witch tried to attack us. It may have seemed silly to us at the time, but now it may save our lives.

With a snap of his fingers, Deceit sent the snakes slithering in our direction. It was time.

Patton, Logan, and I ran at Deceit and Remus at full speed. Patton and Logan swung their swords, slicing the snakes in half. The snakes disappeared in a puff of yellow smoke, leaving the smell of sulfur behind.

Remus instantly went right to Logan, aiming his mace right for his head.

"Logan, look out!" Patton shrieked, sprinting over to help his friend.

"Patton," I began. "Don't—"

Oh well. I guess I'll just take on Deceit myself.

I narrowed my eyes and shot a beam of light at Deceit.

"Holy shit..." I gasped. "I didn't know that would work."

The snake-like man leaped aside, narrowly dodging my attack. He was lucky this time. Hopefully, next time he wouldn't do the same.

Deceit instantly fired back, directing his shot toward my chest. He smiled evilly, his eyes glowing neon yellow. He didn't seem affected by the use of his power whatsoever, unlike me. That blast had drained a lot of my energy. Who knew how much longer I could take this.

I ducked under the burst of power and glanced over at Logan and Patton.

They were both out of breath and sweating. Remus was as well, but knowing him, he wouldn't stop until the two of them had collapsed. The two sides had to beat him, or Remus was going to kill them.

A burst of light slammed into me, throwing me back into the hard ground.

I screamed from the pain in my arm, where I was hit. I looked down at the wounded and gagged. The flesh was red and bleeding, oozing out on the floor next to me.

Deceit chuckled lightly, walking over to me.

"Hurt so soon, Virgil? That just shows how weak you really are."