~Chapter Seven~

A few hours went by with the two of us sitting in silence. There were no words that needed to be said, that was until Roman decided to interrupt the peaceful quiet.

"Do you want to stay in my room tonight? We could watch some Disney movies!" Roman suggested with an awkward smile.

Thoughts raced through my mind as I tried to process what he had just asked me.

His room? Movies? What was that smile for? Why was he being so nice to me? Did I do something to make him do this?

"Uh. Sure?" I replied as I mentally began screaming at myself for agreeing. There was nothing I could do now.

The prince reached out for my hand, but I stood up before he could get anywhere near me. I heard a soft sigh which instantly made me regret my decision as Roman got up and led me across the hall to his brightly decorated room.

The walls were painted a light cream color, and there were vibrant, red drapes hanging over the windows and around his king... prince-sized bed. The blankets on Roman's bed were white and red, matching the clothes that he wore every day. Musical and Disney posters covered most of the walls, bringing out the side's interest in music and comedy.

On the opposite wall facing Roman's bed, there was a giant flat-screen TV with stacks of Disney movies piled underneath it. A few of them were familiar to me, but a large portion of them I had never heard of before. I had only left the Dark Sides a few years ago, so I didn't know as much about Thomas as the others did. One thing that I knew well about him was how stressed he could get about trying out for plays and letting down those that he cared about.

"Virgil! Hey, Virge!" Roman called out, interrupting my thoughts. "What movie do you want to watch?"

I shrugged and sat down next on the floor next to the creative trait. I stared down at the black converse on my feet and played with the rainbow-colored laces.

"Hmm... What about this one? I feel like you might like it."

I looked up at the DVD case that Roman was holding. "I've never seen it. What's it about?"
"I can't tell you! It's a surprise!" The man laughed and put the movie inside of the TV. The screen lit up and began to play Alice in Wonderland.

Roman pulled me up off of the floor, causing me to squeak in surprise.

"Sorry! You okay?"

I nodded as my face heated up and sat down on the fluffy bean bag nearby. Roman rushed right past me and jumped onto his bed. He stared at me in confusion, causing me to get self conscious.

Why was he looking at me? Do I look weird? I thought worriedly.

"Aren't you sitting over here?" Roman asked. "I mean, you don't have to if you don't want to. I was just thinking that maybe you'd—"

"Ro, it's fine. I'll sit with you," I said, interrupting him.

His face turned a bright shade of red as I laid down next to him. I turned away from him and tried to focus on the movie that had just started. I had no idea what was happening with me. Why was I suddenly acting so strange around Roman? We were supposed to be enemies, right?

***

Just as Alice met a creepy looking, purple cat, Roman tapped my hand, causing me to move away from him. I was never someone who wanted to be near other people for too long and physical contact was something that I was terrified of after... Well, you know.

"S-Sorry, Virge," Roman apologized. "I wanted to talk to you about something. Well, more like asking."

"If it's about the Dark Sides and me, I don't really know if I can trust you with that kind of information," I replied, feeling my heart beat get faster.

The prince sighed and sat up next to me. "Here. How about I tell you something that no one knows about me, and then you do the same. A secret for a secret."

I thought for a moment before reluctantly agreeing. I guess that it was fair enough and Roman knew that I would never tell Patton or Logan about it.

"Alright," he began. "The truth is that I'm not as brave as I seem. I don't like being alone, and I'm... I'm afraid of being rejected by those that I care about. I know that it's not too important, but that's what I'm most afraid of."

"I understand, but everyone isn't brave at one time or another. Take me, for example. I'm scared of leaving my room sometimes after everything that happened with him, but I still keep fighting, and that's how I'm able to be around all of you. You have Patton, Logan, and I with you no matter what and we will always be here for you. This sounds super cheesy and cliché, but you are never alone because you'll always have us around wherever you go. We're your family."

"Okay, okay. That was cheesy, but thank you for that. You aren't as dark as you seem, Brad Pitiful."

I stared up at Roman in irritation. "Seriously? We just had a deep moment."

"Oh sorry, Robert Downer Jr."

"Roman! Why?!"

"Alright, I'll stop, J.D-lightful," he chuckled.

I groaned at the terrible nicknames and told the creative side to keep watching the movie. After a few more clever names, I finally managed to get Roman to calm down.

Just before the movie ended, I felt a weight on my shoulder. I glanced over to Roman and saw that he had fallen asleep next to me. I smiled and turned off the television so he could sleep in peace.

I moved to get up to go back to my room, but Roman wrapped his arms around me.

"Don't go," he mumbled softly.

My face turned as red as the curtains in Roman's room as I laid back down on the bed. I guess that I was staying here tonight.
I smiled at the sleeping Roman next to me as my eyes slowly began to close.

"Good night, Roman."