Brisbane: uwu

The sun warmed his face and the light wind ruffled his dark hair as they walked along the Brisbane street. He breathed deeply, breathing in the lovely and mild late autumn morning, and he smiled fondly.
Brett had not wanted to tell him where they were going, or what was in the backpack he was carrying on his back. It looked heavy though. 
He longed to take Brett's hand in his own and intertwine their fingers, but he knew it was a bad idea. They'd been recognised four times already since they'd left their apartment. But he quietly stroked Brett's hand now with the back of his own, knowing Brett would understand the gesture very well. 
¨So, you ready to tell me where we're going yet?¨ he asked, a smile in his voice. 
Brett turned and looked at him warmly.
¨Nope. You'll see. We're almost there though.¨
Eddy shook his head slightly. What had Brett come up with?

A minute later they came to the entrance of the park and Brett turned into it without a word. Eddy followed him curiously. They weren't great park people, normally, preferring to stay indoors to practice or play games, but it was lovely here now. The scenery and the rustling of the breeze through the leaves were very relaxing, and he could feel the stress of all the arranging they were doing leaving his system as they walked side by side over the paths, meandering through the park. When they came to a somewhat secluded spot where there were no other people Brett stopped and said: 
¨Shall we sit down?¨
He put the backpack on the ground and magicking a lined fleece blanket out of it. 
Eh? Since when did they have a lined fleece blanket?
Eddy sat down and crossed his legs, and Brett scooted close. 
¨In a bit we have to walk a bit further, but I thought it might be nice to sit where there's not a million eyes¨, Brett said, lights dancing in his brown eyes. 
¨This is awesome¨, Eddy breathed. He looked around him. There was no one in sight, so he quickly bent over and gave Brett the softest, sweetest kiss. Brett closed his eyes for a moment, leaning into the kiss, before they broke apart again. 
¨I love you, Bretty.¨ Eddy whispered. ¨You sure know how to spoil a guy.¨
Brett snickered. ¨Yeah, sure, mister honeymoon-in-the-Maldives.¨
Eddy grinned. ¨That wasn't just for you, you know.¨
Brett opened the backpack further and produced a somewhat crumpled up baguette, a round of brie, some grapes and a bottle of bubbly with some plastic champagne flutes. 
¨I thought I'd bring Paris to Brisbane¨, he whispered, his eyes intense. 
Eddy felt his eyes widen in surprise. When had he orchestrated all this? He reached out and softly stroked Brett's cheek with the back of his fingers. 
¨I love it. It's an awesome surprise.¨
They sat in silence for a while then, eating the soft white bread with the crispy crust and enjoying the quiet around them, their hands always finding each other for a little stroke, a little touch. Eddy put his head on Brett's chest for a moment, nuzzling into him, enjoying the feel of the soft fabric of his shirt and the scent of Brett: his favourite aroma in the world. 

He'd only just sat back up straight when they heard excited voices. 
¨Oh my God, isn't that the guys from Twoset?¨ a girl said loudly. 
Eddy waggled his eyebrows at Brett and winked. Just in time!
¨Yeah, that's us¨, Brett said good-naturedly as the girls approached, and they chatted with the group for a moment. 

¨We should set off!¨ Brett said after the girls had moved on. He dug around in the backpack again and produced two baseballcaps and both his own and Eddy's sunglasses. 
¨I thought we may want to go to the next spot without attracting too much attention.¨ Brett said simply. 
Eddy took the items from him, question marks radiating from his head, but he didn't say anything. He just put the cap and glasses on and got up. Brett folded up the blanket and lead the way again. 
They walked through the park until they came to a small pagoda, where a string quartet was just tuning. Several groups of people had already found a spot on the grass. 
Eddy whipped his head around to Brett in amazement. 
¨What are they playing?¨ he asked, awe in his voice. 
¨The mendelssohn string quartet in A minor¨, Brett replied, grinning from ear to ear. 
Oh wow. That quartet that was one of the last ones they'd performed before twoset really broke through. Back when they were 'just another musician' and no one knew who they were. 
He turned his face from the pagoda back to Brett and beamed at him. 
¨I would kiss you so hard right now.¨
Brett nodded and whispered: ¨I would kiss you back.¨
They sat down on the grass just as the first notes sounded. Eddy closed his eyes and let the familiar music wash over him. Wow, how far they'd come from the days where he'd played first and Brett second in this. It seemed like a lifetime ago. 
The closing chords sounded way sooner than he wanted them to. He turned his face to his love, and whispered:
¨This has been the best afternoon. Thank you.¨
Brett beamed at him. ¨It has. I love you.¨
¨I love you too, Bretty.¨