Brisbane II

They had had a quick sandwich and gone to bed straight after their talk. Even though they'd been asleep for part of the day on the plane they were both exhausted. God, how long flights took it out of you!
Eddy couldn't sleep though. The thoughts were running through his head like mice in a wheel. 
Now that he was in the silence of the night, the weight of the talk they had had earlier really sank in.
He had sort of just agreed to starting a family with Brett. Wow.
The image of a small boy with black hair and dark eyes, running around the halls in a house, a real house, filled his head. 
The three of them sitting at a breakfast table, Eddy bouncing the little boy up and down on his knee while trying to get some granola in him. Brett leaning over and kissing him softly while he brought the eggs he'd just cooked to the table. 
He sighed softly. None of this was stuff he'd thought of before, but it felt... it felt good. It felt nice. 
But how? When? And with whom? God, there would be so much to think about. 

He realised from the way Brett was breathing next to him that he wasn't sleeping either. 
He turned on his left side and put his head on the little crook on Brett's shoulder and chest. It fit his head perfectly. He put his arm around Brett's torso and held him tight, letting Brett's calm breaths calm him down. 
¨Hey, you okay?¨ Brett whispered. ¨Can't sleep?¨
¨Yeah, I'm good. Just a lot to think about. You?¨ he whispered back. 
He didn't hear anything, but he could sense Brett's small smile. 
¨Same.¨
Brett hesitated for a moment. ¨A lot to think about good, or bad?¨
Eddy lifted his head to look at his husband in the dim light that came into the window from the street lamp down the street.
¨Good, Brett. Very good, in fact. Just new, and a bit confusing.¨
Brett smiled again, and Eddy could see his relief.
¨Yeah. Definitely confusing.¨
Brett kissed him on the head softly, and Eddy put his head back down, snuggling into Brett's merch t-shirt, letting the scent of Brett envelop him. 
Slowly he drifted away on the waves of Brett's deep breathing. 

When he woke up the bed was empty and he heard the sounds of cooking coming from the kitchen. 
He smiled as he got up and padded out of the bedroom. 
He had to smile again when he got to the kitchen and saw Brett sliding the eggs from the pan onto two plates. 
¨Are you psychic, now?¨ he asked. 
Brett turned around, his face a question mark. 
¨What? Why?¨
Eddy shook his head slightly. 
¨Nothing. Just a thought I'd had. Good morning, my love. The eggs smell wonderful, you're spoiling me!¨
He walked to the drawer to get the cutlery and set the table. 
They were going to take the day off to recover after travelling, but Eddy was actually feeling fine. 
¨You want to record some videos today, maybe?¨ he said. ¨Maybe do that charades we'd thought of? Bara could do with some new videos to edit.¨
¨Yeah! I'm down.¨ Brett said. ¨As long as we also go out for bubble tea and a walk or something.¨
¨Bubble tea and a walk sounds awesome.¨ Eddy replied as he sat down and tucked into his eggs. 
¨God, Brett, you make good eggs.¨ he said with his mouth full. 
Brett smiled and got up to get the coffee that had finished brewing. 
When he came back and put the two mugs of coffee on the table he leaned over and kissed Eddy on the head, causing Eddy to shake his head slightly. Sometimes it was like they were one person. 
He turned slightly and pulled Brett to him. 
¨I love you, Bretty.¨