Chapter 34: Don't ruin my night

• Dedicated to my friends

"Give me the phone" I hissed. Derek immediately held the phone over his head. Making me unable to grab it. 

"Melody let me talk to him please" He pleaded.

"Fine" I said and crossed my arms. But as soon as he held the phone to his ear I jumped at him and grabbed the phone. I immediately ran up the stairs to the bathroom and locked myself in. I heard Derek running after me and banging on the door.

"Peter" I said coldly. It was quiet on the other side for a while until he spoke up.

"I never meant for her to die Melody" He said.

"Well she did, And if you wouldn't have been there she would be here today" I said. "Why'd you fled?"

"I panicked okay" He said "Madison died and I killed Deucalion and suddenly I was a-"

"Bullshit" I interrupted him "Are you ever planning on coming back in Beacon Hills?"

"I was gonna ask Derek how you were handling it." He said with a slightly sarcastic voice.

 "Where are you now?" I asked. He went quiet.

"Am I going to end up with a slid throat?" He asked back.

"Yes"

"Then I'm not gonna tell" He said. 

"I'll find you anyway, I will-" I started but was cut off by Derek kicking down the door. He grabbed the phone out of my hand and looked at me with a disappointed look in his eyes.

"Where are you?" He immediately asked and walked out of the bathroom. I took a deep breath and followed him.

Wait if I'm a werewolf I'm supposed to be able to hear what he's saying right?

I sat down on the couch and crossed my arms. I focused my hearing but being the impatient person I am I gave up after 5 seconds of failing. I groaned out of frustration and just stared at Derek while he was making the call. After he was done he slid his phone in his pocket.

"I thought I could trust you" He said.

"Apparently you can't" I replied. I noticed that Scott was gone and I can't really blame him for anything, I mean I probably would've taken off also. My phone started ringing and I had a small spark of hope of it being Peter. But that was blown away by my sisters voice.

"Hey, I wanted to know if you would be able to hang out tonight?" Liz said.

Okay I just know that I'm gonna regret saying this but honestly I'm so fucking angry right now. She's my sister she'll understand right?

"No I don't fucking have time to hang out with you tonight. Can't you even morn over your own sisters death instead of trying to pretend she never existed?!" I said "...Sorry Liz I'm just.. Cranky I suppose, Today was kind of a shitty day"

"Just because it's a shitty day doesn't mean you have the right to yell at me" She hissed.

Okay she's angrier then I thought she would be.

"It doesn't matter if I yell at you or not you're gonna be disappointed in me anyway" I said and tried to fight back tears. I don't even know why I said that or why I'm crying. I just want all of this sadness to go away.

"Can you shut up? I don't want you to ruin my night" She said and hung up on me. The tears started flowing over my cheeks and I completely broke down. I hid my head in  my hands and started sobbing. Derek sat down next to me and pulled me closer to him.

"Don't cry" He whispered. I rested my head on his chest and tried to stop myself from crying. But failed.

What can I do so I can stop being so sad? I want to feel happy again. Or just something else but sadness. I never thought I would actually consider suicide. I don't want to be a typical depressed teenager. yet I also don't want to feel like this anymore.

"Melody?" Derek asked after a while.

"Yes?" I answered with a broken voice.

"You'll be okay again" He said.