Chapter 12: Skeptical fairy

• Dedicated to you!

Great, It was that time of the year again.

A time for horror. A time where little kids go door to door begging for diabetes. The time where every 16 year old girl turns into a whore for one night with the excuse 'I'm a mouse'. And of course the time where older sisters are forced to go trick or treating with their younger siblings.

"TRICK OR TREAT!" Madison happily yelled to a 60 year old lady that opened the door. 

"Aren't you a pretty princess" She said and gave Madison some sweets.

"I'm a fairy actually" Madison said in her 'matter of fact' tone. The woman looked a bit weirdly at her and then turned her judging eyes to me.

"And what are you?" she asked in a mocking tone.

"I'm a fucking fairy" I said sarcastically and stuck out my tongue to her. She looked at me insulted and slammed the door in our face.

"Next house!" Madison yelled and happily skipped ahead. 

I seriously do not understand what the is so damn fun about Halloween. Especially at my age. You don't get any candy and all you do is go to a party and get wasted. 

And we all know what happens when I get wasted. 

Madison fell on her face while skipping and I quickly walked up to her to see if she was okay. She had some dirt on her hands and dress but she was fine and got all excited again for the next house. She basically pulled out my arm dragging me to the front door.

"TRICK OR TREAT!" She yelled after she rang the doorbell. She even yelled it before the door even opened. When the door opened it revealed a familiar face:  Scott.

"Oh hey " He said and looked as surprised as I was. 

"TRICK OR TREAT!" Madison yelled again. Scott laughed and gave her some sweets.

"You're a pretty fairy Madison" He said laughing.

"Thanks!" She said.

"And what are you?" Scott asked me.

"Skeptical older sister that was forced to come" I said. Scott started laughing and Madison huffed.

"You love me, Come on next house!" she shrieked and pulled me away again.

"See you at school" I said to Scott and waved. He waved back and closed the door. 

Madison and I continued to go from house to house. Until the moment where I basically had to carry her because she was too tired to walk.

I placed her in my car and drove back to Derek's loft. When I entered his apartment I immediately walked upstairs and placed Madison in her huge bed. But just before I could walk out again I heard her call my name.

"Can you read my a story?" She asked. 

"All my books are still at our old house Maddie" I said sadly.

The only damn thing I miss.

"Can't you just do one out of your head?" She asked.

"Fine" I said and crawled under the covers with her.

"Can I listen in?" Derek asked as he walked in the room.

"Yes!" Madison yelled all happy again. Derek walked over to the other side of Madison and also got under the sheets. Madison leaned against him and rested her head on his chest. He looked a bit lost at first and gave me a 'what do I do?' look. "Just relax" I mouthed back at him. He leaned back a bit and already looked way more comfortable.

"Okay, So there once was a king" I said beginning the story "And the king ruled over a beautiful land together with is wife. But one day a dragon came and slayed most of the kings men. The king asked what the dragon wanted and he replied with 'Everyday from this day. I want to be brought one sheep" The king agreed and everyday for the next 4 months the king brought him sheep."

Madison shifted a bit to make herself more comfortable and looked at me with big eyes.

"But after 4 months there were no sheep left in the kingdom. The king went to the dragon and told him the truth. The dragon replied with "Everyday from this day you will bring me one girl. I will say who I want"  And from that day the king send one girl in the swamp. He hated doing this. He hated the dragon and send his bravest warriors to slay the dragon. But no one returned"

"So if I would've lived then...  I would be dead?" Madison asked like it was the most normal thing in the world.

"Yes you would be" Derek replied "I doubt it if your sister would let them take you but theoretically yes you would be dead"

"Oh... That's not nice" Madison said and looked at me with a 'continue' look

"But one day, The dragon said that he wanted the princess. Seeing that she was one of the few little girls left in the kingdom. The king was desperate and called out for help across the land. He said:  'The knight that can slay the dragon will receive 1000 and 1 ducat. To every fearless knight in this kingdom and the kingdoms beyond: Slay this beast'  He expected to see a thousand knights show up. But only one came: Joris"

"Joris is a silly name" Madison giggled.

"It's not in Holland" I said  "which is where I learned this story"

"Just continue" she huffed.

"Joris wasn't even a knight. He was a poor farmer boy that never even fought a man, Let alone a dragon. But the king had no choice but to choose Joris to fight the dragon and save the princess. He used his last money to buy a crappy old shield and some armor and set out to find the dragon"

I bit my lip trying to remember the rest of the story and heard Derek groan.

Right no lip biting in front of Derek.

"Why did you do that?" Madison asked him sleepily. His face turned red and I had to hold back some laughs.

"I had some extra air in my mouth" He smoothly said. I couldn't hold back anymore and started laughing. Madison looked at me confuse and Derek shot me a angry glare.

"Melody? Can you continue the story tomorrow? I'm tired" Madison asked. 

"Of course" I said and crawled out of bed. I gave her a small kiss on her forehead and saw that Derek also got up. He gently placed her on her pillow since she has been laying on his chest the entire time. He followed me out of her room and downstairs before finally speaking up.

"That was mean" He whispered in my ear and started to kiss down my neck. But before I could even moan he stopped and walked over to the couch and put on the TV.

But I don't give up that easily.

I also walked over to the couch and sat on his lap. Blocking his entire view of the TV so he had to focus on me. I purposely bit my lip and heard him groan. He pushed me down on the couch and quickly got on top of me before I could respond.

"Why do we always end like this?" I asked as he took of my pants.

"We're not gonna have sex" He stated.

"Then why are you taking off my pants?" I asked confused.

"Because, i'm not gonna have sex. You are gonna feel good" He whispered seductively in my ear.

"well... Okay then" I breathed out nervously.