Chapter 3: Live a little

This chapter is dedicated to my sister Lisa.

Who I love for her personality.    JAM <3 

Thank you for being the Timo to my Pumba.

xkeulicorn

*    *    *

The number 1 hated object in the world: an alarm clock. 

I slammed mine off and after 20 minutes I finally realized that I should really get up. 

I got up and put on some jeans and a plain black shirt. I brushed my teeth, did my hair in a pony tail and got downstairs. On the news was something about a murderer being caught and something about the start of the new school year. 

I looked at the clock and saw that I should hurry so I got in my car and drove to the highschool.

*    *    *

I took a deep breath and opened the doors to my new school. I was greeted by a weird man in a training suit. 

"Hello, you must be Melody." he said and shook my hand.

"My name is coach Finstock. I teach Economy and looking at your schedule that's also the first class you have. This way." he said and started walking in a direction.

He walked into a class room that was filled with kids my age. "Okay everyone shut up. This is Melody. She's new, so be nice. Sit where ever you want." he said and I walked over to a seat in the back.

Class started and I found out that the coach has a very special quality: he can talk but keeping your attention on him is impossible.

After a while I heard someone whisper my name so I started to look around to see who it was and was greeted by Stiles.

"Hey." I whispered back.

"Hey Mel, I didn't knew you would be in our class." 

"Neither did I."

"Stilinski, 'being nice' doesn't mean 'interrupting my class'" Coach said.

"Sorry Coach. It won't happen again." he said obviously not meaning any word of it.

"It better not." Coach said and returned to Economy.

I had a few more classes after that, each one more boring then the last. Then came the thing I was most terrified of; lunch. My strategy: find a quiet spot and hope that nobody notices.

After wondering in the building for 5 minutes I finally found a quiet spot. I sat down and started to eat my lunch while reading on of my favorite books: Pride and prejudice.

'She then spoke of the letter, repeating the whole of its contents as far as they concerned George Wickham. What a stroke was this for poor Jane! Who would willingly have gone through the world without believing that so much wickedness existed in the whole race of mankind, as was here collected in one individual. Nor was Darcy's vindication, though grateful to her feelings, capable of consoling her for such discovery. Most earnestly did she labour to prove the probability of error, and seek to clear the one without involving the other.'

"Watcha reading?" someone asked and I looked up. It was Stiles and what looked like his friend Scott.

"Pride and prejudice." I answered. Stiles sat down next to me and Scott sat next to Stiles.

"Isn't that like... old?"

"Yeah, but I love it."

"Okay. Everyone has a weird side. So, what do you think of our school?" Stiles asked me. I was about to answer but Scott shushed me.