Chapter 10: The space between us

• Dedicated to Joeniekorns

"Well fuck" I mumbled and knelt down next to him. I heard the car door open and Theodore ran over to us.

"Is he okay?" He asked panicking.

"Yeah, He's just taking a nap"  I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes at him "Go see if my sister is okay"

"That guy just passed out and you want me to check up on your sister?!" He yelled.

"I have my priorities okay? You want to get on my good side? Shut up and do as I say" I said. He looked confused at me but stood up anyway. and walked away.

"Okay, I can't take you to the hospital... But I also can't heal you at the sidewalk" I said to myself/passed out Peter.

I'm gonna regret this.

"Okay to Derek's place it is" I said and got up. I grabbed his arm and dragged him to my car. 

Jesus Christ he's heavy!

I put him in the back seat and quickly climbed over the seats to get to the drivers seat. I then drove off the hopital's parking lot nearly hitting an old woman.

* * *

"Jesus Christ Peter did you had to eat that much?" I hissed as I dragged him in the elevator. The doors closed and I finally had some time to think. I grabbed the note that Peter gave me out of my pocket and read the word: ' Sana ' 

Okay so I don't think I could pronounce that wrong. Which is one problem out of the way. So now I only have like a thousand other ones to worry about.

Like they way Derek is gonna react.

The elevator made a ding sound and opened it's doors. I quickly grabbed Peter's arm and dragged him out. His foot only got stuck between the doors twice.

I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. A few seconds later it was opened by Derek with a emotionless expression.

"I have a package for you" I said and looked at Peter who was laying on the floor.

"What happened?" Derek asked and knelt next to Peter.

"Something with Mitch" I said "I don't know I wasn't there" 

He gave me a small nod and easily picked Peter up. He swung him over his shoulder and walked in. Leaving the door open.

Okay so I'm allowed in right?

but it would be so awkward if I wasn't...

"Stop over thinking everything and just come in" Derek said disturbing my thoughts.

"Right" I mumbled and walked in. Derek had laid Peter on the bed and was sitting in a chair next to him. 

"why did he go to you and not me?" Derek asked and looked at me. For some reason I was scared when he looked at me. Like he was going to be angry with me again. I looked to my right and saw that the kitchen table was still on its side with all the stuff that used to be on it scattered across the kitchen floor.

"Because I can heal him" I quietly said and looked at my hands.

"Then heal him"  He said on a cold tone. I grabbed the note and looked at the word again.

"Sana" I said. Nothing happened with Peter but I saw that Derek's eyes were focused on my hands. I looked down and saw that they had some sort of weird blue glow on them.

"I think you're supposed to touch the wound or something" He said still with an shocked expression.

"If I touch he's wound he's gonna wake up from the pain" I said "You need to hold him down"

He nodded and grabbed Peter's wrists. He then looked back at me and said "Ready?"

 I nodded slowly and got up. I lightly placed my finger on the beginning of the wound. But as the glow reached the wound it healed itself. Even faster then with normal werewolf healing abilities.

I traced the entire wound until there was no wound left. I saw that Peter was still passed out and looked at Derek. He wasn't looking at Peter anymore, He now looked at me.

I shuffled a bit awkwardly and decided that he probably wants me to leave. I turned around and started walking towards the door until I heard him say my name.

"Why are leaving?" He asked and I turned around.

"Because you want me to" I answered and looked down.

"I don't" He whispered. I looked up and saw that he was only a meter away from me. With the same look in his eyes as when he carries my bag or carries me when I am my normal clumsy self and fall. A look that explains that he's worried about me, Like he's scared i'll just vanish or break. 

"I don't want to be with Mitch" I said and took a step closer to him "I want to be with you"

"I love you" He whispered and took the last step forward, Closing the remaining space that was between us. He softly pressed his lips against mine and that amazing feeling I get when he's near me immediately returned. I kissed him back until we heard a noise come from Peter. 

Derek gave me a small smile and turned around. I peeked over his shoulder and saw that Peter sat up straight inspecting to see if he had any injuries. 

"I healed you" I said and he looked up "It worked"

"You didn't knew if it worked?" Derek asked me surprised.

"I had no idea" I said. Derek rolled his eyes and walked back to Peter.

"How are you doing?"

"Ill live" Peter answered and looked at me "You need to talk to Mitch"

"Why?" I asked on a whining tone. I mean I just got things right with Derek. Why do I need to waist my time seeing Mitch?

"Because I didn't really run into Mitch" Peter said "I went to him to find your prophesy, And can I just say that it is... very interesting"