Chapter 21: A plan almost certain to succeed

"Want a bite of my muffin?" Allison asked me and offered a bite. I shook my head and looked around the coffee shop. It was small but it was packed with people. Mostly white girls that only come to take selfies with it. 

"So what do you think of Beacon Hills?" I asked her.

"So far it's just like every other city" She said and took a bite out of her muffin "Only smaller"

"It is smaller" I said laughing "Made any friends besides from me?" 

"Not really" She shrugged "I haven't really tried yet"

"It's like every other small town. Most people know each other and hate each other." I said and took a sip of my hot chocolate "For instance, My mom is now the town slut for getting pregnant with the Mayor"

"So that is true" She said and gave me a kind smile.

"I haven't even met the guy yet" I said "I should really go and meet him"

"You should" She said laughing "So is the other gossip also true? I heard you got a boyfriend"

"I do" I said smiling "Derek" 

"What's he like?" She asked and took a sip from her coffee.

"He's nice and possessive" I said "He has this thing that he is keeping me away from which only makes me want to know more"

"My dad does the same thing" She said "Im guessing it's for the best"

"It's bugging me" I said and drank the rest of my hot coco.

* * *

When I drove home I passed Styles' house. And I figured I would knock and see how he's doing. I noticed that he has been very quiet lately and that he doesn't make as much jokes as he used to do.

I swear to god if it has something to do with that Deucalion guy I am going to kill Derek.

I rang the doorbell and after a couple of seconds the door was opened by Stiles.

"Hey" I greeted him with a smile.

"Oh, Hey" He said surprised "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to check up on you" I said "You haven't been yourself lately"

"Neither have you" He spat back.

"I have been myself" I said confused.

"Melody the last time I saw you eat something was weeks ago" He said softly.

"Okay so I haven't been very hungry lately" I said and crossed my arms "I don't have an eating disorder if that's what you think"

"Come in" He sighed and stepped aside. I brushed passed him and awkwardly stopped again in the hall.

"Let's go to my room" He said and walked up the stairs. I walked after him and walked in his room. he closed the door behind me and nodded to his bed. I sat down on it and he sat down in the chair next to it.

"My dad lost his job" He whispered.

"What... Why?" I asked surprised.

"Because 'he isn't able to protect all the citizens of Beacon Hills county' " He sadly said and took his head in his hands.

"Who is the dipship that said that?" I asked furiously "They can't just say that!"

"He isn't able to solve half of the crimes in Beacon Hills" He said "The law states that he can't be sheriff with those stats"

"Well the law fails!" I yelled and stood up and stormed out.

"Melody!" Stiles called after me. But I didn't turned back to explain anything. No ,I had a plan. One that is almost certain to succeed. Almost.