Chapter 11: Claws

The door slammed open and Derek, Scott and Peter entered.

"Are you alright?" Derek asked me 

"yeah WE are fine" Lydia said while pointing at me Madison and herself.

As soon as we I heard what it meant I went to Madison's room to get her it just felt more safe when I know she's next to me and I can keep an eye on her.

"He just cares about her because they kissed" Madison said casually.

I am going to kill her.

"they kissed?" Lydia asked Madison. 

"Yeah last night" She said smiling "I heard it" 

"Ah gross" Peter said "Right after I left?" 

"Is that really what is most important right now?! There is a note outside of my window saying 'It's coming'  while we don't even have a clue what 'It'  is !" I yelled.

"well we kinda do" Lydia said " Remember the thing she wrote? Orbis? It's also the name of a mythological creature. but that's also kind of everything I could find out about it " 

"okay so we have gotten to the point where we know don't have to call it 'the creature' anymore but we can call it 'orbis' " Derek said.

"we also connected the murders" She said.

"yeah, All 3 of the girls were going away and they all went to the beach" I added.

"there is no beach in Beacon Hills" Peter said. 

"There actually is. we call it a beach while it's actually just a rather small lake with a tiny bit of sand on the side" Stiles said.

"The mermaid lake!" Madison yelled excited "do you remember Melody? We used to go there all the time until I almost drowned" 

"Yeah I remember" I said laughing, 

"I' guess you and Lydia have to go there " Peter said.

"No" Stiles and Derek said at the same time.

" why do they have to go?" Stiles asked.

"Because they fit the description: Female, white, 16 years old, pretty" Peter said with a wink. 

"they are not going" Derek said.

"Why not?" Peter asked.

"Well you just found out I kissed her so.." He said.

"I thought you were just a one nightstand?" Madison asked.

"MADISON!" I yelled and she laughed.

"okay I'm not even gonna try to understand that" Peter said " It will be fine. first of all we will be there too just not actually next to them. second of all, the girls weren't murdered at the beach" 

"Oh that's comforting" Lydia said " So i'll just go home safely after and then get strangled?" 

"yeah basically" Peter said with a smile.

"Ill do it"I said and they all looked at me in surprise.

"You don't have to if you don't want to" Derek said.

"Well, she kinda does have to if Blondie here bitches out"Peter said. 

"Shut up"Derek replied.

"I want to" I said "It let me live the first time" 

"okay ill go to "Lydia said .

"why the sudden change of mind?" Stiles asked.

"Well obviously since Melody is new to this group she doesn't understand yet that Peter is an manipulative asshole. he persuaded her. And leaving her alone would make me a total bitch"