Chapter 18: Sold

Another two days have passed. If it wasn't for the news I wouldn't even know how long i've been here. Mitch hasn't comeback but neither did someone else. which is nice. I like not being tortured.

I hate myself for even considering Mitch's deal... I can't sell out my friends. Yet I cannot stay here either.

The sound of the news coming on interrupted my thoughts I saw the usual news lady pop up the screen with a sad look on her face.

"A body has been found in the woods near the Lockheart residence.It is suspected to be the body of 16 years old Melody Lockheart, who went missing six day's ago" she said in a sad tone "this news is not yet confirmed by the sheriff's department" 

wait... I died?

the door slammed open and Mitch walked in "ready to talk again?" He said and I nodded

"Why can't I trust werewolves? " I asked "And why is being an Orbis a blessing?" 

"Werewolves kill." He said sternly "And now you have a way of protecting yourself" 

"I went to my grandma and she said the same thing, until I told her that I tried to kill my friends with it." I said and looked at his facial expression. it didn't change " She said something about a sour Orbis?"

He laughed "an Orbis turning sour is just a myth, You need to learn how to control it" 

"Okay, how do I do that?" I asked and he stepped closer. his face was only inches away from mine

"I'll teach you" He whispered which caused shivers to go up my spine.

"are you...?" I asked. He showed me a ring he had on his finger. It was a pretty normal ring it didn't had diamonds on it like mine. and it wasn't out of silver, it was out of gold.

Out of no where he hit me in the face. which made me stumble and fall. He got a knife out of his pocket and tried to stab me, but I moved causing him to stab my arm I screamed out in pain. He put his hands around my throat and started choking me.

Desperately I started searching for something with my hands, something I could use in my defense. But I found nothing. Black dots started to appear and Mitch said "we will meet again soon Melody" That was the last thing I heard before I passed out.

*  *  *

I blinked my eyes so they could adjust to the bright light in the room.

"Melody?" I heard a husky voice ask.

who the hell is Melody?

I looked over to my right and saw a man sitting there with a worried look on his face. behind him were some other people.

"get a doctor" the man said and some boy jogged in to the hallway.

why are they all staring at me? 

the boy came back with a man in a white coat. "Hello" He said with a kind smile "Do you know your name?" 

of course I know my name. what am I stupid?

I opened my mouth to say my name but I didn't know what to say.

how can I not know my name? What is my name? Where the hell am I? Who are all of these people? how did I get here? 

I must be abducted by aliens.

I tried to get up and mumbled "I have to go" But the man with the husky voice laid me back down carefully. 

"It's okay" the man in the white coat said " Go to sleep. Everything will be clear when you wake up"

I listened to what he said. Some sleep would be nice.

*  *  *

I opened my eyes again. this time the room was a bit darker. I looked around and saw that the same people were in the room as before. 

I recognize them from somewhere... I just don't know where

They didn't notice me like they did before. I tried to move a little because my muscles all felt like they have been in the same position for days. What I didn't realize is that my body was covert with cuts and bruises. which made moving extremely painful.

I let out some colorful words and everyone immediately turned their attention back to me. Someone jogged to the hall way like before and brought the same man in the white coat back.

"Hello" He said with a kind smile "Do you know your name?"

"Melody" I answered.

"do you know the date?" he asked

"No, but in my defense I never know the date" I responded and rolled my eyes.

the man laughed "Do you know any of the persons in this room?" 

I looked at the people in the room. they all looked kinda familiar but not enough for me to remember their name. until my eyes fell on him.

"him" I said and pointed "His name is Mitch" 

The doctor looked at him like he was checking if I answered correctly and Mitch nodded. 

" well, your memory will slowly start coming back"the doctor said "try looking at some photo's and talk to your friends and family. it will speed up the process" the doctor then walked out of the room leaving me with a whole lot of people that I didn't knew.

"So" one of the person said "how do you know Mitch here?" 

I tried remembering. But all I remember is darkness and pain. 

wait did I had sex with that guy?

" Like I told you, Melody and I were childhood best friends" Mitch answered

"then where were you for the last couple of day's when the rest of her ACTUAL friends were searching through the woods?" The man said.

"Leave him be Peter" The man with the husky voice said.

Peter. 

It all came back. the torturing, the Orbis, Derek. everything.

I started screaming and kicking. which only made me scream louder because of the pain. 

"GET AWAY FROM ME" I screamed at Mitch

Derek and Peter tried to hold me down and stop me from kicking. Scott's mom came rushing in and put some weird stuff in my IV  that made me feel more relaxed...

"what did you gave her?" Scott asked.

"Morphine" She answered.

"wait Derek how are you even here? " I asked confused

"they found evidence in a new murder that proofed that I didn't do it" He said smirking

I looked around the room. they all were looking worriedly at me. Except for Mitch, who winked at me and left.