Chapter 10: Lisa's Diner

• Dedicated to Lisa and Eileen

Dinner went quiet after that. He kept staring at me and I kept my focus on the fries. 

We got in the car again and he said "I believe it was your turn"

"can you take me home?" I mumbled.

"Yes I could do that" He said grinning "Why do you want to go home?"

"Because it was a mistake coming here" I replied "Are you gonna take me home?"

"eventually yes"  he answered "I promise Kathrine you'll like this road trip just keep a little faith"

"My name is Melody" I said.

"Well I think your second name fits you better then your first. So I'm gonna keep calling you Kathrine" 

"Well that's gonna get confusing" I mumbled. And he chuckled.

"it's your turn" he said

"How do you do that?" I asked and he looked confused "You have this thing. It looks like you always know what to say and what to do. it's impressive"

"My mother taught me that you don't always have to know what you're doing, you just have to appear like you know it and people will listen to you"  he answered and smiled "What do you see in Derek?"

"Anthony-" I started but he cut me off.

"I just think that you could do better then someone like him" He said calmly.

"What you think I should date you?" I replied angry.

"No I think you shouldn't date a werewolf" He replied "It's incredibly selfish from Derek to just take you into that world. It's dangerous even" 

"I can take care of myself" I said.

"no you cant. If you could you wouldn't have that bruise around you neck and a wound on your cheek" He spat.

"Pull over " I said. He kept driving.

"Pull over right now or ill just open the door and jump out" I said again and he pulled over. 

I got out and started walking in the opposite direction. It already started to get dark but I didn't care. I can not be around that asshole anymore.

"what you are just gonna walk the whole way back to Beacon Hills?!" He yelled. 

"Yes" I responded and kept walking. I thought he was gonna run after me but when I looked around I saw that he got in his car and drove off. 

okay i did not expect that.

I grabbed my phone and saw checked my messages.

53 missed calls from Derek.

26 missed calls from Stiles.

6 missed calls from Isaac.

8 missed calls from Scott.

1 missed call from unidentified number.

I clicked on the 53 missed calls from Derek and called him. I only heard 2 beeps until he answered.

"Melody?" He immediately asked.

"Yeah hey" I said.

how am I gonna say this... I cant lie because he'll hear my heartbeat. So I have to tell him the truth?

"it's her" I heard him say to some people in the background "where are you?"

"that's  actually a pretty good question" I said and started looking around. I was basically walking next to a freeway and that was all I could see. What I did saw was the little diner where I ate with Anthony. I could ask it there.