Chapter 2: Grandma's house

• Dedicated to 3.1 K :) thank youuuu

After school I stepped in my car and started driving to my grandma's house.

you know, Just casually driving towards my grandma's house to ask her about the supernatural. Nothing new.

But as I passed a mother walking down the street with her daughter I suddenly realized. 

Does she even know about me being kicked out? Will she take my mothers side or mine? Or shouldn't I even tell her?

I was stressing about it so much that I didn't even noticed that I was already there. I got out and decided that I would take the stairs, since the elevators are always jammed up with old people and their families.

I walked all the way up to the 4th floor and was really regretting my decision of taking the stairs. I stood in front of her down trying to catch my breath but rang the bell anyway. She's like 80 she needs some time to answer okay?

The door opened a minute later and my grandmother immediately pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry that my daughter is being such an idiot" she said with her thick Irish accent. She guided me in her small home and sat me down on the couch. She went to the kitchen to get some tea and I made sure that she didn't burn her fingers while doing it.

"So darling" she said "you're ready"

"Ready for what?" I asked confused.

"To hear about our kind" she said with a smile

 "Well then yes I'm ready" I said "What are we called?"

 "Lucem" she said

"What does that mean?"

"Light" She answered "That is the name for ALL of us. But if you ask a certain individual and call him by the name Lucem they will think you're disrespectful"

"Why?" I asked confused.

"In a way Lucem are like Werewolves" she said and poured the tea in two cups "there a lot of different... Positions in a Lucem clan" she handed me my cup " You have the Dominus and Domina. Who are the king and queen of the pack. After that comes the counselors: the Consilarii. Then comes the Doctors: The Medice. After that the Nobility. the Nobilitatem. Then the military: Praefectus. and then the common people: the Homines "

I slowly nodded taking in the information "So where do these clans live?"

 "There are only 3 packs in the entire world Melody" she said "The Bianchi of Europe. The Rojas of America. And the Kimura of Asia. And they all have big clans. These three families have been in charge since the beginning of our race. So they live in big castles in the Continent they live in"

"Wait, So there are Kings and Queen's who live in Castles?" I asked "That doesn't sound very realistic"

"Are you here to question my knowledge of our race or to learn about it?" she asked me with a hint of anger in her eyes.

"Right" I quickly replied "So, Which position do we have?"

"Your father is one of the kings counselors" She said and looked down. She was about to continue but I cut her off.

"Hold on. My mom is also apart of this world? And my siblings?" I asked.

"No, You're mother has been banished from the clan because she broke the rules. Her memory has been erased so she doesn't realize it anymore. Your father is still there" she said and looked down.

" the American clan?"

"No" she said "the European"

 "Why was my mom banished?" I asked curiously.

"she saved you" She said and looked in my eyes "Melody there is something very important I have to tell you"

 "I thought you were the one that was straight to the point?" I said laughing but I saw that her expression was still very serious.

 "Melody, You are the Domina" She said.

"did you just said that I was the Queen?" I asked "But I just found out that I'm even apart in this. how can I be a queen?"

"when a child is born in Lucem, a prophesy is made. In that prophesy, if the child is from any of the upper races, stands who he or she will be married to. Yours said Dominus. Your mother left because she wanted you to have a choice. One she didn't had" she slowly explained.

"But im not her first child" I said "I have an older brother"

"I held your mother out of this life for as long as I could" she said and sighed "But after her first child, they found out and banished me."

"You're banished too?" I said confused "then why didn't they erase your mind?"

"Because they needed someone to tell you all of this" she said and sighed. A small silence came until I realized that I didn't asked the most important question yet.

"Who is the Dominus? " I asked but she didn't answer "Grandma can I at least know who am I supposed to marry? "

"Mitchell Bianchi" She answered "I believe you two have already met?"

"He kidnapped and tortured me!" I yelled "Why ? why do I have to marry him?  I'm not gonna marry him"

"Then you'll be a fugitive" She said angry "Domina is the best position you can have"

"Well I don't want it" I said and crossed my arms "They can just find a new one"

"Melody it has been for told" she said with a hint of anger in her eyes "The prophesy always comes true"

"Well can I see this 'prophesy' ?"  I asked.

"Yes, You actually can" She said and grabbed something from her bookshelf "But, Your entire life is in it. So nothing will come as a surprise"  She handed me an old piece of paper.

"Grandma this thing looks like it's a 100 years old" I said "How can this be my prophesy?"

"They like to use old paper" She said.

"Why?"

"It looks better"

I rolled my eyes and opened it.

what I'm a curious person okay?

name: Melody Kathrine Lockheart

status: Domina

"My whole life isn't on this" I said "Only my name and status"

"that's all you need to know right now" she said "and this" She handed me a normal piece of paper With weird words on it.

"what's this?" I asked

"spells" She said "You just need to say them out loud and see the effect. the power of the Lucem is in it's voice" 

 "Okay, ill learn them" I said and opened her front door. I was about to close the door until I heard her say my name.

"Don't tell your friends" 

 "Why not?" I asked.

"They wouldn't understand" she said "nor believe"