Chapter 6: Bright eyes

The week after that was very awkward. For him and me both. I didn't really knew what to do or what to say so we've been avoiding each other as much as possible.

Why did he kiss me? It only complicated everything and made me feel like a total slut for kissing someone I just met a day ago.

I walked through the school searching for my last class of the day: Math. But as always I was terribly lost and even considered to just skip it.

I walked past the boy's locker room and heard two familiar voices: Scott's and Stiles's.

But for some reason I didn't call out for them. Most likely because they were talking on a very secretive tone and well, I'm a curious person.

I walked in and hid behind some lockers.

"Melody is doing a good job at hiding Derek." I heard Scott say.

"Yeah but that doesn't mean she's trustworthy." Stiles argued.

Can't say that didn't hurt.

"She's our friend right?" Scott said.

"Well not really, we're just using her." Stiles said.

Just... using her?

I'd heard enough. I stood up and walked away with tears filling up in my eyes. I didn't even care if they saw me. They actually should. I ran thought the school to the parking lot and got in my car.

What I found out: driving while crying is hard. After 30 minutes I made it home and ran upstairs.

I looked around in my room. No sign of Derek...

I layed down in my bed and got under the sheets.

Why are they 'just using' me? And what are they using me for?

"Everything alright?" Derek asked.

Fuck that guy is everywhere.

"Yeah everything is fucking amazing!" I said with obvious fake excitement "Seriously Derek you're the third last person I want to see right now." 

"Who are the first two?" he asked and sat next to me.

"Scott and Stiles." I replied and covered my head under the sheets.

"What did they do?" he asked sounding furious. I peeked over the covers and saw that he actually looked pretty angry.

"Why are you so angry?" I asked him.

"Well I see you as one of my friends, and I don't like it when my friends gets hurt by some dumb high school boys" he replied "Now what did they do?"

I sat back up and said "They said that we're not friends that you are all just using me." 

"Well they obviously don't know you like I do." he said "Sorry for kissing you and making everything awkward." 

I smiled at him "I liked it." 

"MELODY!" I heard my mother yell from downstairs.

"WHAT?!" I yelled back.

"YOUR FRIENDS ARE HERE!" 

"Well that was a poor choice of words." Derek said. 

"It was." I said and opened the door. 

Stiles and Scott stood there.

"Uhm, hey." Scott said "Can we come in?"

"Well, I don't know. My mother told me that I can only have friends over in my room." I responded.

Fucking assholes.

"We're sorry. okay?" Stiles said "I shouldn't have said that we were only using you." 

"Melody? "I heard Madison say and she appeared next to Stiles

"I'm kinda busy Maddie"I said

"but there is a monster in my closet" She said sounding very scared. "I heard him" 

"I'll just scare him off then"I said and 'accidentally' bumped my shoulder against stiles's.

I followed her in to her room. 

"just sit over there okay ill scare him away" I said and guided her to her bed 

"but I'm telling you Maddie nothing is here"I said and opened the closet. I was pushed back by something with so much force that I hit the wall 

what the...

"melody?"I heard Derek asking.

I opened my eyes and saw two purple eyes stare back at me. It didn't looked human. yet it kinda did..

I obviously hitted my head  hard.

I saw the door open and Derek come in together with Scott. 

The creature looked at him and letted out something that sounded like a very high scream. 

Scott and Derek both grabbed their ears and looked like they were in allot of pain

It wasn't that loud right?

I tried to sit back up but the creature noticed and grabbed me by my throat and lifted me up.

"let her go" I heard Derek say,but he looked different. he had fangs and his eyes were light blue. 

what the hell is going on?

The creature dropped me and looked over at Madison who was sitting in her bed shivering with fear.

"fuck no " I said and hitted it in the back of the head with one of my brothers long boards that he kept in madison's room because 'she's blind she doesn't mind' 

The creature grabbed his head and looked around like it just now realized where it was and left through the open window.

Derek walked over to me and said "are you okay"

"stay away from me " I said and pushed him back 

"don't be afraid of me"He whispered and took a step closer to me.

"Melody I'm scared" Madison said and started crying

"it's okay " I said and sat down next to her 

"Melody just listen to me" Derek said

"shut up"I said "just.. go to my room or something" 

he looked at me for 5 more seconds and then walked away.

"what happened ? you said monsters weren't real!" She said and started crying louder

I didn't really know how to respond to that .I thought that monsters weren't real but after seeing that ... thing and seeing Derek and Scott looking so different I don't know what to think anymore...

after 10 minutes I noticed that she was quiet and looked at her. she had fallen asleep. 

I smiled and stood up. I walked over to my room and opened the door. 

Derek was sitting on my bed

Fuck I forgot about this.

"where are Scott and Stiles?" I asked 

"chasing it" He said and stood up "are you scared of me? "

"no.."I said 

dammit Melody you could at least have sounded more confident

he walked over to me. and in a instinct I stepped back

"you are scared of me"he said looking down like he was sad.

"well you did just had fangs a second ago" I said

he looked up again "Do you want to know the truth?" 

"the truth would be nice" I replied.

*********

YAY double update today woohooo!