Chapter 33: An uncertain murderer

• Dedicated to Pedro

"What about the bite?"I mumbled and looked at our reflection in the mirror. He stood behind me with his arms gently wrapped around my waist. He gave my shoulder small kisses which I think is every girls dream. Yet I didn't seem happy what so ever. My eyes were all red and my cheeks were still wet from my previous mental breakdown.

"Did you turn?" He asked ad placed another kiss.

"I don't know" I said. It caused him to look up.

"What do you mean you don't know?" He carefully asked. 

This is exactly what I hate at the moment. People treating me like I am too weak to even walk. Everyone is acting like I am highly breakable. 

"I have to show you something" I said. He unwrapped his arms and I walked to my bedroom. 

"I saw it a couple of days ago on the news" I said and searched between the many papers on my desk until I finally found the newspaper article I was looking for. I handed it to Derek.

"Three unsolved murders in Lionhill. Police searching for female suspect around the age of 16. Witnesses describe seeing a girl with brown hair dragging a woman down to a alley" He read outloud and looked up "You think you did this? Lionhill is pretty close"

"I could have" I said "I don't know? I'm pretty new to werewolf shit"

"No you're not" He said and hugged me "We'll be fine Melody"

"I have a werewolf question" I said and sat down on my bed. "Isn't tonight a full moon?" 

"It is" He said.

"Then I should feel more violent right?" I asked.

"In most cases yes."

"I don't feel anything weird what so ever" I said.

"Crap" He muttered. "Come on" He stood up and walked out.

* * * 

"Well that's not a good thing" Scott said after Derek told him everything. I sat down on Derek's couch. 

"What are we gonna do?" I asked.

"I have an idea..." Scott said "But Derek's not gonna like it"

"Why am I not gonna like it?" Derek asked and crossed his arms.

"Well... Getting her angry could have the possibility of her turning but... We could also injure her." He answered.

"No" Derek said "She literally just got out of the hospital"

"I think it's a good idea" I said. Derek shot me an angry glare.

"We're not gonna hurt her" He said determinedly.

"Would it work if I hurt myself?" I asked. Derek looked at me with wide eyes. "You either help me getting myself injured in a safe way or I'll do it myself and bleed to death"

"Don't give me the suicide ultimatum" Derek said "Fine I'll help."

"Good" Scott said "Stand up"

I stood up "So how are-" I attempted to ask but was cut off by Scott hitting me in my face with his fist. Which resulted in Derek attacking Scott.

"Derek stop it that was what we were trying to achieve" I said and got up from the floor. "Again"

"It didn't work" Scott said.

"Again" I hissed. He looked at Derek like he needed his approval. Derek just stared at me and then walked out. Scott looked back at me and hit me in the face and kicked my right side with his leg. I fell down and tried to catch my breath.

"Derek" Scott yelled. A couple of minutes later Derek appeared in the room again.

"It didn't work' He repeated.

"So either this tactic doesn't work and I am still a murderer or the bite didn't work which would make me ... What?" I asked

After a few seconds of silence Derek's phone started ringing. 

"Hello?" He answered. I saw his expression change from a poker face to surprised. 

"Peter" He whispered.