Chapter 16

Kendall

I woke up panting. I had a nightmare. I looked next to me, Emily was in a deep sleep. How was she here? We both had separate rooms. I stood up, put on my shoes and walked out of the room.

I had checked in a suite at an hotel for now. While I get my mind put together. The place looked much like an apartment. I walked over to the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water, as I remembered my nightmare.

Cold, lonely night. I found myself walking down a street, few flickering neon signs, i looked to my left, there I saw the shore line. I heard footsteps behind me, another person, wearing a black hoodie, walked down the middle of the road. I was about to say something to them but, I figured no cars were coming. I checked my pockets to search for my phone.But I had no luck. I heard tires screech, and a loud THUMP!. I quickly turn around and my eyes follow the dark car speed down the street.

"HELP!" The dark clothed stranger yelled, lying on the floor not being able to get up.

"Are you okay?" I asked, running towards her.

"My whole body hurts." My breath stopped as I recognized the voice, her face was the one I never wanted to see hurt.

"Christina!" I kneeled down, lifting her back off the floor, feeling the blood in the back of her shirt.

"Kendall? What are you doing here?"

"I don't know." Part of me knew it was a dream but, i still believed it was real. I carried her bridal style and jogged down the road. Rain began to fall. I took off my shirt and pressed it against her head stopping the blood from spreading.

"Kendall, don't! Put me down!"

"You want me to leave you here, in the middle of wherever we freakin' are, and let you DIE?!?!"

"The hospital is half an hour away, in car."

"I'm not giving up!" I held her body tighter. As her arms wrapped around my neck. I spotted a payphone, I sprinted towards it, and dialed emergencies. I held the phone in one hand and my arm around Christina, supporting her weak body.

"Yes this is the emergency operator, what is your emergency?"

"Yes, my girlfriend got run over by a car, and she is bleeding heavily! I need an ambulance fast!"

"Alright, where are you located?" She asked.

"Uh, I am in..." I looked around trying to spot anything to give my location away. I spotted the street sign, tho there was one thing odd.

It was blank.

"I can't see." I responded. No answer. "Hello?"  Lightning struck far away, and from the corner of my eye I see Christina's head slowly move to the side. I drop the telephone and hold her back up. "No, NO! Don't you dare leave me!" I could see the tears in her face, apart from all the water drops.

"Just hold me." She whispered. I held her in my arms, knowing nothing could be done. I felt her feet try to lead us away. I helped her move to the sidewalk under a small light in front of an empty local. We both sat on the floor. "Girlfriend?" She asked, as I tied the arm sleeves around her head.

"I love you. And you know that." I kissed her cheek. After realizing what I had just done, I pulled myself away from her. "Sorry."

Moments passed by, and she turns to look at me.

"Kendall," She said. I turned to her. "Kiss me." She pleaded. Without even thinking, I kissed her like never before. Hours could have passed by and I wouldn't have noticed.

Or cared.

"I love you, I love you so much." I muttered against her skin. Se had no idea how happy she made me. Even at this situation. I loved her even more. I slowly pressed her down against the side walk. Kissing as  much skin that showed. She did the same, running her fingers through my hair. Her lips pressed against my neck, her touches leaving me breathless. I wanted her right there and then. I was careful not to crush her, we went on. Pleasing each other in the rain. Only both of us, the moon to witness. Soon I felt her lips tremble.

"I wanted you, to be the last thing I see, feel," She caressed my cheek. "Touch, I love you. Never forget that."

" I know." I cried. As I felt her hand weaken, and her eyes slowly close. "I love you. You will always be mine. And I will always be yours." I whispered, a small smile formed in her lips, as she breathed her last breaths.

She was gone.

I found myself back in the kitchen, crying. It felt so real, but I was happy it was all a nightmare.

"What's wrong pumpkin?" Emily wrapped her arms around my waist.

"Nothing." I responded.

"I was thinking. Since we were trying to work things out again.. We should live together." She put her head on my shoulder.

I sighed, Christina was probably better with Colton. Might as well move on as we agreed.

"Let's do it."