Chapter 27

Christina

The day flew by, Kendall and Kevin were on their way upstairs. I had already gotten ready, I packed my things and changed back to my normal clothes instead of that hideous gown.

"Okay, you look great!" Kim gave me a thumbs up. "Now, what do we do with your parents?

"What?!" I nearly screamed

"Knock, Knock." My mom smiled as she walked in the room.

"What are you guys doing here?" I smiled.

"Oh we're just here to take you home!" Dad smiled.

"Dad, look.." I tried to explain, just then when Kim was about to leave, Kendall walked in.

"Hey, babe!" He shouted just before he realized my parents were in the room. "Oh."

"You.." My father began to walk towards him. "What are you doing here?"

"Dad, leave him alone!" I pleaded. I knew where he was going with this.

"Why did you let my daughter near him!?" My mother asked Kim. Kevin stood by the entrance as Kendall backed away from my father.

"Mom, dad. Calm down. If it weren't for Kendall I wouldn't be here. He saved me."

"That's bullshit!" My father yelled. Kendall turned and signaled Kevin to leave with Kim.

"Mr. and Mrs. Masen. I would never hurt your daughter."

"I want you to stay away from her, or I will involve the police." My father threatened him.

"No!" I yelled. 

"It's okay." Kendall assured me, his eyes filling with tears as he looked back at my father. "Mr. Masen, you can't take her from me. I need her."

"Excuse me?!" My mother hugged me protectively. 

"And I will make sure you don't sneak out to see him!" My father bellowed at me. Tears slid down my face.

"I wasn't done talking." Kendall announced. "We will break up, and we will remain friends."

"You think my daughter likes you? Why would she have gone to Colton anyways?"

"Dad!"

"You're not good for her. If it weren't for you, she would have been on the other side of the country studying to be a psychologist! She would have had a career by now!"

"You told me you weren't allowed to go to a university." Kendall looked at me. Back when we met, I had just been accepted to the school, but I knew it meant that I had to be away from Kendall at all times. So I decided to cancel my interview in Boston, and stayed here in L.A. with Kendall, telling him they rejected my letter, and that my parents thought I didn't need to go.

"They did accept me" I sighed, "But I refused to go, you know that-"

"You had a future!" He interrupted.

"I wasn't leaving without you!" I confessed.

"Now you see the mess you did here." My father said right before Kendall turned around and slammed the door behind him. At that moment I walked up to my father and glared.

"How dare you." 

"No, how dare you, lie to us. You're grounded. For LIFE."

"You can't do that to me!"

"Sweetie." My mother tried to soothe me.

"Don't sweetie me! Both of you are sick! Do you not realize he is the reason I am alive! Kevin helped him! Kim drove me to the emergency room!"

"Christina."

"I'm done." I left the room, immediately pacing through the hallways trying to find him. Kendall couldn't leave me. He couldn't break up with me, we just got back together. I walked out of the hospital into the parking lot where I almost remembered where they left their car. But there was no BMW out there..

There was no Kendall.