Chapter 14

Kendall

I opened the door to the restaurant and saw her, Christina was blushing deep red and Kim was just smiling with joy. Kevin who was on the other side of the table was facing me, choking on his food as he realized I was there. Christina turned to look at me, her eyes widened seconds after. Realizing I had witnessed what just happened, tears flowed down her cheeks. I nodded towards the doors, she turned away. I walked towards her.

"Don't make me cause a scene." I threatened. She turned and glared as she stood up. I followed her out of the restaurant when she broke into a sprint and ran to the bathroom. My instinct kicked, I ran after her, and jumped in before she locked the door.

"Go away!" She cried.

"What the hell were you doing with him?!"

"Leave me alone, Kendall!" I grabbed her wrists and pinned her to the wall. She kept struggling to get out.

"Was it that easy to forget me? To move on?" I asked, my heart was ready for whatever was the response. Silence filled the room. I felt her body tremble. "Was it?" I whispered.

All she did was look down. We were't going anywhere with this... I loosened my grip around her wrists until I let her go.

"It was just as easy as you moved on to Emily." She massaged her wrists. My heart broke into a million pieces.

"Alright, fine. I'll leave you alone." I headed towards the door, and I realized this wasn't really the goodbye I wanted. I turned back to her and before she even saw it coming.

I kissed her.

Christina

His lips tried to force a response out of mine, I held still. I needed to move on. I couldn't just be stuck in the past. His lips became more strong and urgent, his hands tightened at my waist. Part of me wanted to kiss him back, but the other part told it to shut up. My hands ran through his hair, and my lips finally in sync with his.

"Guess this is it.." He let a tear slide down.

"Go back to being friends?" I asked as I wiped his tear. He shook his head.

"I can't be close to you with what I feel here." He pressed my hand to where his heart was.

"You'll be fine where you are."

"I know you'll be fine too. Colton is a lucky guy."

"This all sounds stupid." I said.

"Why?" he asked.

"Just a week ago, we were together. Now...." I sighed.

"We're breaking up." He finished the sentence. "It's for the best.."

"For the both of us." I said.

"No, just for you." He smiled. "It was nice knowing you Christina. Who knows, maybe we'll see each other again." He winked, trying not to cry.

"I love you. " I whispered.

"Careful of that Colton guy. Anything you need. Let me know, and I'll be here as soon as possible."

"Alright." I nodded. As he left and shut the door after him.

(Kendall's P.O.V.)

I got in the car with Emily.

"What happened baby?" She hugged me.

"Nothing. Nothing happened."

It took all my energy to let her go. I know I wasn't going to make her forget last night, Her happiness wasn't with me. It all ended. I had to let her go, because I loved her that much... I still love her.