Chapter 17

Kendall

It's been eight months since i've last seen Christina, I've never called or texted her, and neither did she. Emily has been begging me to move in with her, but my heart just doesn't want to. I care for her, I protect her. But for some reason. It's just not love.

"Kenny." She pouted her lips in front of me.

"Emily. Can you please move? I'm trying to watch tv."

"Kendall, come on. Let's move in together!"

"Look, i'm not in the mood to talk about it."

"Kenny!"

"I said no!" I got up and walked to my bedroom where i slammed the door shut,

I sighed and picked up my phone, and texted.

 Hey 

Christina

My phone vibrated.It was a text from Kendall.

Hey

It's been months since I've last talked to him. I sigh and text back.

Hello

I was waiting for Colton, at a park near his house. I was sitting down on a bench. My mom and dad were at home. A bit surprised that I had changed boyfriend while they were on a cruise. But to tell you one thing, they liked Colton more than they liked Kendall. Colton had his car talks with my dad, and his little yoga tips for my mother. Ways to relax and stuff. I tried that once. And I failed. I wasn't used to all the activities with Colton earlier. Kendall and I never did anything, we just talked, watched movies, kissed....

Memories rushed through my head, and took me back to those times.

"Why are you smiling?" Colton walked up to me, I didn't notice that my face brightened up.

"Oh you know. I'm just happy to be here with you."  He gave me my vanilla ice cream cone and pulled me up.

"Let's go take a walk." He put his arm around me, and we followed the little path around the field. Silent moments after I felt ice cream on the tip of my nose. "Whoops!" He said. I giggled and waited for him to kiss it. But no, he wiped it away with his finger.

I remembered the conversation I had with my best friend Kay on the phone, and texting it a couple of times.

Kay- What's the issue with Colton?

Christina- It's not the same as it was with Kendall.

Kay- Like?

Christina- With Kendall the relationship was me and him. No one else.

Kay- Be more specific darling.

Christina It feels like Colton is too.... well.. not mature about it. Kendall would kiss me every minute of everyday. Wth Colton, If I get lucky I would get a kiss about 3 times a date.

Kay- So you miss Kendall?

Christina In some ways... I do...

Kay- Just tell Colton to kiss you!

Christina- I have, but... Sparks don't fly.

Kay- You want to be lit on fire.

Christina- Emotionally. Yes. Just like that one night, Kendall made me feel... amazing.

Kay- Okay too much info. Stop with the deets. Im going to barf.

And I still have that conversation saved in my phone. for personal reference.

"Haha thanks for wiping it off." I said.

"Anytime." Colton smiled.

A distance away I saw a tall guy, with a plaid shirt leaned against the tree, His blond hair glowed. My heart raced and my breathing stopped.

"What's wrong?"

"I'll race you to the skate park!" I scream, getting a head start. All while it felt like I was running towards the guy in plaid.

I try to make out the face of the guy, but as I run by, I see a small child come into view, as the little boy was hugging his leg, and looking at me.

The little boy had straight black hair and green eyes. A small bright green beanie to match his little green plaid shirt. His pale skin and bangs covering half his forehead. He looked just like Kendall would have been when he was 5 years old. Just one thing..

He had my looks.

"Christina! LOOK OUT!" Colton screamed, I forgot to look forward while running and i tripped over those big rocks they put along the path just for a little decoration. I tried to stop my fall, and almost twisted my wrists in an uncomfortable way.

"Oww." I massage them, and Colton catches up to me.

"Are you okay? What were you looking at anyways?" He checked my head. As I look back at the tree, there was no one there.

"The.." I look around the park and they are no where to be seen. "The tree."

"Yeah, it was a really nice tree. Haven't you seen one before?" he added sarcastically.

Was it an illusion? The kid could have been... My child... and Kendall's.

"Come on. Let's get you home." Colton picked me up bridal style and carried me to the car.

***

We arrived at Colton's house and he set me down on the couch.

"You didn't have to carry me. I hurt my wrists, not my feet."

"I'm not taking a risk." He winked and headed towards the kitchen. Then I remembered my phone.

I pulled it out of my pocked and read my new message.

How's life going?

If only you knew. I added mentally.

Great. How about you?

"Alright." Colton came in the room. I put my phone under me and hid it. He placed down an ice pack and some chips. "Now we're going to watch television and cool down your wrist. It looks like its swollen." I looked down and he was right. It was as if there was a tennis ball in my wrist. "I think I have some medicine in the bathroom cabinet." He said, "Need help?"

The doorbell rang.

"No thanks. I got it. You go get the door." I ran up to the bathroom. Ever since I was little i didn't want anyone to touch my bruises. I had some kind of issue with it. I have no idea why.

I opened the medicine cabinet and was wow-ed by how organized it was. I quickly found the pain reliever pills and cooler cream to calm down the swelling. I walked down to the kitchen and got myself a glass of water.

Colton was in the living room watching television.

"Who was it?" I asked.

"Just the mailman. Got me a package." I noticed a change of tone in his voice from before. He sounded like he was hiding something.

I took my pill and the cream on my wrist.

"Feeling better?" He asked. I nodded. Suddenly intimidated by his tone of voice.

"Is everything alright?" I ask. He stands up and hands me my phone.

"I don't know. You tell me." I read my message from Kendall

Not so great. I miss you like hell, princess.

"Colton, no.", I start to explain. "It's not what you think!"

As I look up to him, I see him form a fist with his right hand and next thing I know.

I fall to the ground.