Chapter 6

I looked around, trying to keep my eyes off Kendall and Emily. Squeezing my hand hard, wrapping her arms around him, glaring at me... What did I do?

They both walked over to me.

"I got you Butter Pecan. Your favorite." Kendall gave me a two scoop waffle cone.

"Thank you."

Kendall sat down facing me, and Emily sat down next to him. Great, what's next?

"Have you guys been to that new restaurant down Sunset?" Emily asked.

"No, we haven't. But I wanted to." Kendall looked at me with a playful glare. Is it 'Glare At Christy' day!?

"How come?"

"We have a party to go to that day." I answered.

"Thats nice!" Emily smiled.

"You should come with!" Kendall said. Great. Yeah, let her glare at me ALL SATURDAY!

"Is it okay with you guys? I mean I wouldn't want to be a third wheel or anything." They both looked at me.

"No, of course not! You should join us!" I said. Want my boyfriend too? I added in my head.

"Super!" She said. "Ahh, this ice cream did not stop my hunger." she laughed. "Dinner? Its on me."

"In N Out burger!" Kendall screamed. They both laughed.

"Remember that one time!" Emily laughed.

"How can I forget!?" Kendall joined in. I just sat there and became invisible.

"Those were the days..we should go!" They both stood up and threw their trash away, talking and laughing and hugging.

I felt like running away, locking myself in a room, and cry myself to sleep.

"Christy!" I looked up. "Are you okay?" Kendall asked.

I nodded and stood up.

"Is everything alright?" Emily asked me.

"Yeah, im just tired. You know." I laughed lightly. "I think I'll go home."

"You know, Emily can we meet up some other day?" Kendall gave me the 'We Need To Talk' look. I hate that look.

"No, no no. Im fine!" I insisted. "Kendall, Emily wants to have dinner with you."

"You too Christy!" She faked a smile. "I want to get to know my Best Friend's girlfriend!"

Best friend? I shook my head.

"We can have some girl time later. " I smiled. "Besides, I forgot I need to do some grocery shopping. Kendall hates that. This can be his chance to not go."

"Well, I don't blame him." She laughed. "It can be boring sometimes, you never liked going grocery shopping." Emily ran her hand through his hair. Im guessing they were more than friends in the past.

Kendall smiled. Then looked at me. My heart beat went faster. It was that look of desire and worry.

"Well then. I'll see you guys later." I grabbed my bag, and walked away just in time to let the tears fall.

***

I ran in the house and shut the door. I leaned against , sliding down to the floor. Emily seemed to get along with Kendall more than me. She was prettier than me. I sat down and watched the television to help me keep my mind off of them. I ran into a soap opera.

"But Trevor.. I thought you loved me!" The brunette in the tv cried.

"Liz... I did, but I have moved on! Emily is the love of my life!" He shook her. I gulped.

"Emily?"

"She's the one I need!"

"But what about 'us'. The time we spent together! Those nights!"

"They were wonderful Liz. But Emily was my true love. And I can't hide the feelings." Trevor held Liz close.

"Its all because she came back!" Liz shoved against his chest. "I should have never let you alone with her!"

I turned off the TV. This made it all worse. But its not real. The Emily in the soap opera was different from the Emily in the real world. What could they be doing. I mean. I doubt anything bad is going on. They just reunited a few hours ago. This doesn't mean anything. Kendall would never to such a thing. He has me. 

I turned the light off and fell asleep on the couch.

I heard a knock on the door, I stood up and opened it. Kendall stood there, serious.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Nothing." He walked in. "We need to talk." I shut the door, and walked over to him.

"What do you want to talk about?" I got nervous.

"Emily.", He looked at me seriously. "And us."

"What about us?" I asked.

"First, I want you to know, years ago Emily and I dated..."

"Okay." I nodded.

"And, I realized.. My feelings for Emily didn't change." My head started to spin

"So you're saying..."

"We're over." He looked at me.

"Why?" My eyes watered.

"It's time to move on. Emily and I are moving in together. Far away. To start a life together. Like we always planned."

"Kendall, but.. You said." Tears began to fall down my face.

"It was just a fling. I realized.. I never loved you.." The last four words echoed in my head, until I heard a voice.

"Christy!" Kevin shook me. And I woke up. I looked around.

No Kendall.

It was all a terrible nightmare. I sobbed.

"Why are you crying?" Kevin pulled me into one of his bear hugs. I sobbed into his shirt.

"K-Kendall." I cried.

"What happened? What did he do?"

"Nothing", I shook my head. "J-Just a nightmare."

"Where is Kendall?" He looked around.

"With his friend."

"He left you alone?"

"No, I told him I was going to go home. Can I ask you something?"

"Yes."

"And you'll tell me the truth."

"I swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth." He held his hand up.

"Did he ever have another girlfriend that he treated like me?"

"You mean love anyone as much as he loves you?"

I smiled. "Yes."

"Well, this one girl. But she was psycho. He was so in love with her he didn't see it. She even tracked one of his ex and burned her hair. The chick turned bald."

"Oh..."

"Yeah," He dazed off.

"What happened to her?"

"She got sent to jail. Thank god she's gone. We had to tell Kendall she dumped him and moved across the world."

"Oh.." I thought deeply. Psycho. Lucky it wasn't me.

"So who is he with?"

"This girl named Emily."

Kevin's eyes widened. "What does she look like?"

"Blonde with blue eyes." We stared at each other until we both catched on.

Emily was Kendall's psycho ex girlfriend.