Chapter 23

Kendall

I felt my face burn red in fury.

"What the hell is happening?"

"We are just as shocked as you are." Kevin shrugged.

"So, what now?" Kenneth asked. I shook my head.

"Arrange a funeral.." My lower lip quivered.

"Stay over with me, bro. You're gonna need someone."

"I know." I nodded, just as I did. The doctor walked up to me.

"You!" He looked at me. I looked down and realized I was still in the disguise.

"Oh, god. Look I am sorry I faked it but-"

"Faked what?"

"I-I'm not-" I began to stutter.

"I don't care what you are and what you're not. It worked!" He cheered.

"What worked?"

"She is alive! We thought she was dead, turns out the heart monitor was accidentally disconnected when we tried to help."

"Well where is she now?!" My heart began to beat faster, just knowing it was all a terrible nightmare.

"Down the hall, last room." He smiled and walked away.

"Tell me it's not a joke!" Kim cheered.

"One way to find out." Kenneth spoke, as I took off, sprinting down the hall.

Christina

As Doctor Rogers checked my heart rate, the door flew open and Kendall burst through the door.

"Thank you for knocking Mr.Schmidt." He greeted Kendall.

"S-Sorry." He responded, not taking his eyes off of me.

"It's alright." He laughed. "I'll be right back." The doctor walked out of the room.

His green eyes melted into mine. I could easily tell how scared he was. Relief formed in his little smile. My lower lip trembled. Tears began to fall.

"No, no, Christina." He walked towards the side of the bed and held me.

"You're here." I sobbed into his arm. Seeing him after all these months was like seeing the sun after long days of rain.

"It's alright sweetheart." He whispered, I scooted over on the bed, so he could lay down next to me. he squeezed my shoulders and pressed his lips to my forehead.

for the next couple of minutes I just sobbed into his chest and tried to calm myself down.

"Why didn't you tell me you were getting hurt? Why didn't you call me?"

"Kendall", I shook, looking up to him. His cheeks were filled with tears, his face flushed red. "I-I'm s-sorry.."

"No. I'm sorry for not being there for you."

"It's not your fault." I reached up and wiped a tear from his face. He grabbed my hand and kissed my palm.

"It is. It's all my fault. If it weren't for me.." He gulped. "That night, at the party.. I was stupid. I was an asshole after you ran after me at your house. I was a complete di-"

I put my finger to his lips, stopping whatever name he was about to insult himself with.

"I never stopped loving you." I said.

"Neither have I. You're all I ever thought about." He looked down. "End my nightmare.. please.. take me back." He sniffed. "I'll do whatever it takes, even if it means running naked down the hall right now." He smiled.

I laughed. "Seems like a good idea. Alright."

"You'll take me back?"

"No, I meant go streaking all over the building." I winked.

He got off the bed, and started to unzip his skin tight jeans.

"You think I'm lying. But i am not." He announced as I began to spot his V-line ..

"Ken-" I was about to protest when Kevin burst in the room.

"MOTHER FU-" He screamed and he covered his eyes. "WHAT THE HELL, MAN!"

Kendall immediately pulled his pants back up.

"What happened? I could hear you down the hall babe." Kim walked in.

"Kimmy!" I screamed. She ran to my arms and hugged me.

"Agghhh! Boo, can't believe you're alive! I was so worried!"

in the corner Kendall blushed and Kevin giggled.

"Streaking?"

"She asked me to."

"Well isn't she smart.." Kevin giggled.

"Kevin, you haven't hugged the smart girl." I opened my arms. He walked to me and hugged me.

"Smart girl whom, i love very much."

"So, are you guys back together?" Kim asked.

"Ummm..." Kendall looked down at me.

"Ya still need to talk?" Kim asked.

I nodded.

"Okay.. Well.." Kevin taped his foot. "I'm waiting." Kim grabbed him by the shoulders and pushed him out the door, leaving Kendall and I alone.

"What do you want to talk about? If you still want me to go streaking for you to forgive me.." He said.

"The only place I want you streaking is my bedroom." I winked.

"So?"

"Yes, Kendall. I forgive you, though there is nothing to forgive. You have to forgive me. "

"Can't do that do that princess." He climbed back in the bed. "You did nothing wrong."

"Stop taking all the blame. I'm getting tired of this." I leaned up and kissed him. Even better than I could remember. Both our lips remembering how to move, our breaths becoming uneven. Our hands exploring each other's body. He pulled away.

"Hold on." He stood back up and walked towards the door where he opened it. Kim and Kevin were found leaned against the door, eavesdropping our conversation.

"Hey guys.." they both looked down in embarrassment.

"We know you heard everything." Kendall smiled.

"CONGRATS BROTHAAA!" Kevin jumped into his brothers arms.

Kim came towards me and smiled. "It took time. but it all worked out."

"I can't thank you guys enough for saving me. I love you both." Kevin joined our hug. I peaked out from Kim's shoulder and held out my hand towards Kendall. He smiled and took it.

"Thanks for letting me know my girl was in trouble."

"Anytime.. No actually.. Not anytime because this better not happen again. You better take good care of her and keep her away from other men." Kevin sighed.

"My eyes are only on Kendall. I can promise you that." I smiled.

"I love you." Kendall whispered.

"I love you more." I replied. as he grinned.

"I love you most."